Sign in to follow this  

Finally getting a new bike

Tomorrow im going to go pick up an 2009 KTM 200 xc-w. Does anyone have any tips for me on setup wise? And what ratio should i use for my gas mix? Ive heard 32:1 im just not sure since my friend had an 07 and did 32:1 an fouled plugs like crazy..Thanks everyone for the input

I would say depends on the use if in trails single track then 50 to 60 to 1 if your running wide open then 32 to 40 to 1 But I do run my ktm at 50to 1 with redline synthetic . My buddy has a 200 2009 always runs 50.1 Mc1 no issues and he puts lots of hours on the bike . For him mainly single track though

Around here, you will be fine at 50:1 with a good synthetic premix. Plenty of info on the 200 in the FAQ, and general setup and tips there too.

thanks everyone for the input sounds like 50:1 will be the best considering im using the bike for single tracks.

I run 40-1 in my 08 (Mutal 710), never fauled a plug

The rider/race sag in really important to good handling, very little range.

stock spring is a 66 it's good for around 150 lbs rider.

thanks everyone for the input sounds like 50:1 will be the best considering im using the bike for single tracks.

Where are you located in NC?

Where are you located in NC?

I am located in Hickory. What about yourself?

I am located in Hickory. What about yourself?

I am just down the road from ya, Maiden. PM me if you need any help gettin' 'er set up or anything. Be glad to help. I should have another 200 in my garage within a month.

I am just down the road from ya, Maiden. PM me if you need any help gettin' 'er set up or anything. Be glad to help. I should have another 200 in my garage within a month.

Will do and maybe get together and ride somewhere...I got a friend thats gonna go riding with me Saturday up at Brown and he rides an 07 200xcw

On my 08 200XCW I run Maxima 927 at 60:1 without any issues whatsoever. With the correct jets and needle, plug fouling won't happen.