Sign in to follow this  

84 klr600 engine kill nuteral switch help

on these old bike there in a wire that goes into the motor by the sprocket. this runs the kill switch to kill the bike when not in neutral (safety feature) this has had a problem occur on my bike. i was riding and it died. shifted into nuteral and runs, click into gear and it dies. pull the wire off and it dosen't run at all? can some one help me with this and or tell me how to wire/connect it so it runs? thanx

Does the neutral light on the dash light up in neutral and does it go out when you shift into gear?

Do you have any other safety switches, like a side stand switch? If so, check it's functioning to rule it out as the problem.

on these old bike there in a wire that goes into the motor by the sprocket. this runs the kill switch to kill the bike when not in neutral (safety feature) this has had a problem occur on my bike. i was riding and it died. shifted into nuteral and runs, click into gear and it dies. pull the wire off and it dosen't run at all? can some one help me with this and or tell me how to wire/connect it so it runs? thanx

From your description, just ground the wire should do it based on description. Open makes it not run. Do you have a seperate neutral light cirrcuit? Is it working OK?

my head light and guages and dash are currently removed. could that be the problem? and the side stand switch does nothing it is off the mount and sitting there doesnt shut off motor in or out.