Looking for a dirt bike buddy in Seattle area

Washington

Man, I know this is a long shot, but here goes.

I'm 36yo and hoping to get back into trail riding. It's been several years since I've ridden. On kind of a whim, I picked up a really nice DRZ 125L. Perfect for trail riding for a smaller guy like me. It's ready to ride. I have boots and a helmet.

Now all I'm lacking is a buddy to go with! Is there a club or a group in the Seattle area where I might be able to meet folks who ride? I'd love to go for a day trip out to Tahuya or something? I live in West Seattle and am more than happy to pay for gas or whatever. Heck, I'd be happy to tag along with a family. Or maybe find a group ride? I'm just hesitant to go off on my own. Let me know and thanks!

Draco, I love to find new riding partners. You can PM me here or visit me at http://tacomamc.proboards.com. I'll also be at the Wet Duck poker run in Tahuya this sunday, I'm at the sign up area, so I'll be easy to find. After sign up I'll be taking my kids on the poker run, and you are more than welcome to join us.

Tim

Thanks for the response!

Are there any folks from the Seattle area who come over? I'm looking for a ride.

I plan to get an SUV that can tow a small trailer at some point, but right now I do not have a vehicle to bring my bike. So for now I'd need to either rent a pickup from Enterprise or find someone in Seattle looking for gas/ferry money to go with. (Like I said - a long shot!!)

Probably by fall I will have a vehicle capable of taking the bike but I'd love to get a couple rides in this summer.

Great community here at TT. Really appreciate the response and the PMs.

I am heading out saturday with a full load, but lot's of people go to the poker run this weekend (400). Maybe they can get you out there. I will be looking to go riding with room in my van for a bike and rider later on this summer....as many times as I can get out

There are a couple of us (that I know of) in the West Seattle area. I'm across the state this weekend however. Where in W. Seattle are you? I'm on Alki.

I am heading out saturday with a full load, but lot's of people go to the poker run this weekend (400). Maybe they can get you out there. I will be looking to go riding with room in my van for a bike and rider later on this summer....as many times as I can get out

Thanks 6 riders. Please shoot me a note if there is room in your van and you're swinging through the Seattle area sometime this summer! I'm open most weekends and if you're going on a weekday I could get a day off no problem.

There are a couple of us (that I know of) in the West Seattle area. I'm across the state this weekend however. Where in W. Seattle are you? I'm on Alki.

Wonderspoon. Fantastic news! I would love to meet up or go riding if there are a couple folks from West Seattle.

I live in Highpoint near 35th and Raymond. I keep my bike in the garage of our townhome. I'll shoot you a PM with my contact information.

Are you a Cougar? My wife went to WSU and I went to Gonzaga. Good times.

Draco,

I live further south (Olympia) but am almost always up for a ride... I am riding both the Hare Scramble at Riverdale and the Wet Duck at Tahulya this weekend... PM me sometime if you want to meet up for a ride... I do have an enclosed trailer also...

Draco,

I live further south (Olympia) but am almost always up for a ride... I am riding both the Hare Scramble at Riverdale and the Wet Duck at Tahulya this weekend... PM me sometime if you want to meet up for a ride... I do have an enclosed trailer also...

Thanks fbennett. At this point I don't have a tow vehicle so I'm trying to meet up with a person who can provide transportation and I can provide gas/ferry expenses. But once I get a tow vehicle I'll have more freedom to meet up with other folks. Have fun on your ride!

Are you a Cougar?

What gave it away?:thumbsup:

Hey Draco,

I'm in almost the same situation as you - long time street rider, bought my first dual sport a little while ago. I went over and rode some trails in green mountain state forest across the ferry, which was good. Kept on wondering how I'd deal with if I wiped out good and hard though :smirk:

I'm in south Seattle, near Columbia City neighborhood. PM me and let's go for a ride!

Hi KeelAndChine,

I'd be happy to go riding with you sometime. My challenge (hopefully short-term) is I do not have a van or truck or trailer to transport my bike. Do you ride your dualsport over? Or do you transport it? If you'd like a buddy and have an extra spot for my bike I'd be happy to pay for gas or ferry.

Forum member Wonderspoon has offered to take me out this spring if our schedules work out. He's in West Seattle. I'll let you know if we put something together. I'm available the weekend of June 4/5 and 11/12.

Congrats on your new bike!

Hey boys,

I'd love to show you around GM, but a change in work plans for the wife appears to make me bikeless on this side of the state. I'll be driving my bike over to our new home in Spokane this Friday and won't be riding on this side of the state in the foreseeable future.

Sent you a private message Draco, let's talk. I'm sure we can figure out some way to make this work and hit some trails!

Sent you a private message Draco, let's talk. I'm sure we can figure out some way to make this work and hit some trails!

I responded to your PM. Hope we can meet up.