Is this fcr vacuum plate worn?

is this fcr vacuum plate worn? I am talking about the worn edges that rubbed silver on the bottom on both sides.

If so could it cause my occasional hanging/irregular idle?

btw. the vacuum rubber seal looks good.

img_5715.jpg

Yes. Yes.

Aslo check the body for low spots where the rollers ride at/near idle.

Wow, thanks, so yes it's bad and yes it's the source of my idle problems, right?

Not shure about low spots on body, looked and tried to run my finger but nothing obvious.

So, is this mean new plate or new carb?

The plate is about $150 , although i searched and i found that the plate + the O ring form Suzuki rmz is something like $40 !!!

The rmz has a FcrMX with a non removable air bell intake etc - 3'rd generation as i cal them but i believe it would fit .

I think i'll have the chance to try one of these in the next couple of weeks .

The plate is about $150 , although i searched and i found that the plate + the O ring form Suzuki rmz is something like $40 !!!

The rmz has a FcrMX with a non removable air bell intake etc - 3'rd generation as i cal them but i believe it would fit .

I think i'll have the chance to try one of these in the next couple of weeks .

I found this (http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?manufacturer=3∂=16037-MEB-671

) actually posted by you a while ago, this is just the plate right?

Suzuki » 2006 » 2006 RM Z250

16025A

VALVE-THROTTLE

p/n K1602-50009 $34.42 ?

But i haven't confirm yet that these plates will work on FcrMx 2'nd generation carbs like ours .

Nice find! will you be testing if it's fit soon?

I got an 06 KTM 450 exc with fcr39 as well, maybe I can take out the plate from there and see if it fixes my problem, bad idea?

With that much vac plate wear, take a good look at the needle jet.. If the slide went up an down enough to wear the plate, the needle went through the needle jet enough to wear it out as well.

? on the needle jet, replaced it and it helped the idle problem but did not eliminate it.

I actually replaced everything that was in a rebuild kit and the replaced the acc pump entirely. The bike runs great except that pesky idle which is just annoying.

Edited by topi1967