New Hondasaki Hybrid!

I just bought this turd yesterday. I know, I know- pictures will follow, I'll post them later today. But here's the lowdown:

I went to check out this bike and couldn't resist for $200. It's a 98 cr250 chassis with a 85 kx500 spooned, no crammed into it. It runs, motor makes great compression. But wait until you see it. The crazy thing is, the guy has mad machining skills. The forks were apparently bent so he mounted up a set of older upright forks and made real nice spacers for the triple clamps. Plus he made a beautiful billet gas cap from scratch. But some of the stuff is Frankenstein rough. Almost like he was Jekyl and Hyde. He butchered the main frame spar near the kickstarter. I'd be afraid to ride it, he cut it so thin!

Well, I'm just going to break it down for parts but I'll get dome pics of it first. Anyone want a kx500 engine?

Sounds like a massive POS.

There's a guy here in MD selling a 2004 CRF 250 with a 2000 KX500 engine in it.

Here's those pictures:

bd31f306.jpg

Look at the customized Pro Circuit pipe

10b06e7b.jpg

Is this safe? I don't think so!

7efa5f7f.jpg

Custom swingarm axle adjuster:

3bdbcbb4.jpg

It was a marriage that wasn't supposed to happen

1ac35c1d.jpg

Notice the cut fender to make room for the radiator moved forward to make room for the huge 500 pipe- not pretty

9f238efe.jpg

But some nicely made custom parts, look close at the triple clamp spacers

e78fe74b.jpg

I am sorry but that is ****ing hilarious, I would be afraid for my life to put a leg over that thing.

I love the clear gas line, must add like 5 hp.

Also, the swingarm, :thumbsup::lol::confused:

Please take this to scrutineering someday just to see what they say and post back :thumbsup:

Butchered!!

Id ride it just to see if it would come apart or not hahah

It was a marriage that wasn't supposed to happen

1ac35c1d.jpg

It looks to me that the carb is not hooked to an airbox or even a filter :thumbsup: Thats one jerry rigged bike:smirk:

This is your brain on drugs. :thumbsup:

Or!

A Darwin candidate. :confused:

I redeemed myself with this purchase today: 2003 cr125 for $500. Starts first kick, might need a pipe and some plastics.

312a3992.jpg

549323b5.jpg

1987eea6.jpg

Better huh?

$500 bucks for the cr!? did the guy have the title though?...:thumbsup:

That dent in the pipe will buff out. A little mothers polish and you wont even notice it..

That dent in the pipe will buff out. A little mothers polish and you wont even notice it..

laughed out loud when i read this :thumbsup:

I think you should ride both of them to see if you like them first.:thumbsup:

That crkx is a warrior!

it doesnt need a filter, its so fast the dust cant get into the carb right?

Gees you guys get some kick ass deals in the USA... has to be your economy, killer deal on that 125.

Just that KX500 motor alone, if in good internal shape, is worth more then what you paid for the whole thing.

X2 on what another guy said... there is no air/boot/filter on that carb.

its a custom pro circuit pipe that all the pros use, its probably worth at least $700 on ebay lol

Haha i like how the frame is just cut away by the kick starter. That looks real safe.

I think you should ride both of them to see if you like them first.:confused:

^:thumbsup:^