Sign in to follow this  

California Take Poll/Vote - Should Congress Designate a National OHV Day and What Season?

National OHV day should be on Saturday of Memorial day weekend. Not to dilute the memory of our fallen service people but to reenforce the fact that they have fought for our freedom. The ability to ride safely thru our countryside is one of our biggest rewards.

Maybe I'm reaching here but I thought it was worth a shot. You know capitalism and all, red, white and blue gear, graphics, motor homes, trailers, flags, camping and OHV's. It would help boost the economy.

Maybe I'm just not seeing the point, but seems like a lot of time and effort that would be better used fighting to keep trails open. I grew up boating and never once heard about the national boating day, so I'm not sure of the overwhelming impact a national OHV day would provide.

Not going to go to the poll and vote, but IMO, no we don't need a nationoal OHV day. Waste of taxpayer funds IMO. The government should be for national security, and for keeping the roads workable. Beyond that, we really don't need them for much. Of course this is not how things are, but IMO, how they SHOULD be.....

National OHV day......:confused:

OHV day should be every day..... :thumbsup:

Maybe I'm just not seeing the point, but seems like a lot of time and effort that would be better used fighting to keep trails open. I grew up boating and never once heard about the national boating day, so I'm not sure of the overwhelming impact a national OHV day would provide.

+1

Bruce

Not going to go to the poll and vote, but IMO, no we don't need a nationoal OHV day. Waste of taxpayer funds IMO. The government should be for national security, and for keeping the roads workable. Beyond that, we really don't need them for much. Of course this is not how things are, but IMO, how they SHOULD be.....

National OHV day......:confused:

OHV day should be every day..... :thumbsup:

Don't they already have it, where every idiot shows up at Glamis?

No need for a national OHV day that would just over crowd the riding areas.

WE NEED A NATIONAL PHONE YOUR CONGRESSMAN / SENATORS DAY!

P.S. We have "Opening Day on the Bay" up in San Francisco. I use to call it "The annual drunk boaters regatta." I stay off the water that day.

I agree take the time to keep our trails open, every email the AMA sends me contains information on how the CA government wants to borrow from the OHV fund our close down an OHV park. Keep your sticky fingers out of our funds and find it elsewhere!

We should have a national riders opinion day so every rider can explain their personal situations and battles and how much they enjoy riding. We as riders are the key.

In my opinion the needs to be a fundraiser started to keep our parks open. I urge everyone to go here http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/GetInvolved/ActionAlertSignUp.aspx

Sign up for email alerts to help keep our parks. As we should all the know government is trying take away our children's rights to experience the liberating feeling of riding a dirtibike Off Road.

Just as every day should be Mother’s Day… every day should be OHV Day. However, having a day set aside by Congress to honor OHV recreation and all its aspects (trail work, family time, OHV maint, political involvement, etc) is part of the political and legislative evolutionary process for our young sport. It would not take away from ongoing efforts to keep trails open but add to those efforts in a positive manner.

Thanks to all for the feedback (even the neg. feedback).

We don't need national appreciation days for sports. Not baseball, not OHV's, not "Hikers" day.

This is a ride forum, not a political forum. If you take that as "negative feedback", sorry. This place has truly gone downhill. We don't need you helping advance the state of affairs.... Of course this is just my own personal opinion.

Edited by Bill_P