Thoughts on parts avail. w/japan crisis

Just recently RMATV has closed their OEM parts catalog, TT store doesnt carry OEM parts for my bike model now and all the other online OEM parts dealer just doesnt stack up to previous mentioned.

I am seriously contemplating on selling my two jap bikes and purchasing a new KTM 2 stroke..

I am just curious on what everyone else's thoughts are.

Man, that blows!!! I was so happy when RM started selling OEM parts and I just bought some parts last week!!! Guess I'll go through my local dealer. Might pay a little more but no shipping charges...

Because of the problems in Japan I can not get training bikes for my MSF DirtBike School. This will cut my enrolement by 75% this year.

Man, that blows!!! I was so happy when RM started selling OEM parts and I just bought some parts last week!!! Guess I'll go through my local dealer. Might pay a little more but no shipping charges...

They were by far THE BEST. They stocked alot of parts and you could have them over-nighted if needed. I talked to a rep. and she said they do not know if or when their catalog will be back up.

Yes you can goto your local dealer, but what about when your local dealer tells you they can't get parts?

Because of the problems in Japan I can not get training bikes for my MSF DirtBike School. This will cut my enrolement by 75% this year.

Yes that is very unfortunate..

I am seriously contemplating on selling my two jap bikes and purchasing a new KTM 2 stroke..

I am just curious on what everyone else's thoughts are.

Even without the parts crisis, that's a great idea :thumbsup:

I have been thinking about this too. It seems like the same parts are out of stock at a few different websites.

Good News (Sort of) I went on Facebook and asked RM about the OEM section. Here's the reply.

Chris KirkbrideRocky Mountain ATVMC

What's the deal, no more OEM on the site???

Rocky Mountain ATVMC There are some trademark/licensing issues that need to be resolved and we are trying to work things out but it may take a while. Sorry about the inconvenience.

I ordered a different needle for my carb,(09 Yz450F) last summer from dealership and after 3 months of backorder I gave up. Seems there was a problem before the earthquake.:thumbsup:

Happy to be riding an orange bike at the moment. :thumbsup:

I am considering picking up a rm125 this summer but if parts do not become available that might not happen.

TT store doesnt carry OEM parts for my bike model

What bike do you have???

Are you sure??

We carry a FULL line of OEM parts for just about every bike made.