02 450r starting after warmed up

?:banghead:i have an 02 crf450r. im in need of some help PLEASE.after i run the bike for about five min,riding or idle. if i shut it off i can not get it restarted. it will bump right off if i push it,but if i try to kick it,it will not start until the bike cools back down,then it will fire rite back up on the first kick.ive have tried everything that i know how.everything is new from the crank to the valves,kibble white,please give me some advice.thank you all so much.

Good morning gentlemen. I just joined TT and am blown away by all the information. Don't you just love the Internet!!!

I just read this thread and have a question.

How do you know the hot start vave in the carb is working? My '03 CRF-450 is total hell to get started after it is hot. I am not kidding..... I had the valves done and it did not help. So I just pulled the carb and cleaned it as per the factory manual. I am putting in a new plug as the one in it has lots of hours on it and need some advice if there is a way to check the hot start before I put the bike back together.

Thanks so much!

Good morning gentlemen. I just joined TT and am blown away by all the information. Don't you just love the Internet!!!

I just read this thread and have a question.

How do you know the hot start vave in the carb is working? My '03 CRF-450 is total hell to get started after it is hot. I am not kidding..... I had the valves done and it did not help. So I just pulled the carb and cleaned it as per the factory manual. I am putting in a new plug as the one in it has lots of hours on it and need some advice if there is a way to check the hot start before I put the bike back together.

Thanks so much!

the hot start is a plunger that when open it leans out the engine

try to turn the fuel screw in 1/4 turn (clockwise)

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405

hello everone,correct me if im wrong,but if you pull in the hot start is pulled in while the bike is rubbibg should,nt the bike try to stahl cause its dumping more fuel in.my 450 the idle sppeds up and does not dye out.and the problem is once i run my bike for five min. or longer if i shut it off its such a pain in the ASS to get it started again please read the opening post thanks all so much.I LOVE THIS SIGHT.THANK YOU ALL ................JACK

hot start takes a bit of time to get used too. has to be done right the first time or the bike well get angry at you lol. i dont find my 02 crf450 really bad. if i dont get it to start first time ith hot start or stall the bikeo ut it usually starts up next few times. but..my buddys 08 crf 450 on the ohter hand, lest just say get it done right and start up first time with the hot start or walk away for 15 min.

lol i forgot to tell you how i do mine. i just simply pulls the lever all the way in first, do not touch the gas at all, raisesw the kick start all the way up, fiddling to make sure its on the most top position, then give er the bast kick you have all the way.......MOST INPOTANTLY....relwase the lever instantly after the bike starts. it helps to buy an msr aftermarket lever set. the hotstart has a built in return spring, so soon as you let the lever go it springs back off. the stock setup does not and has you to push it backwards rght away after start up. i found it pain in the rear end lol. love the spring.