Looking for private MX or HS track to practice on

Virginia

I'd like to get into racing hare scrambles but I don't have regular access to any small tracks or woods loops to practice on. I'm willing to put in work on the track and to help pay for machinery and/or land use.

I know most people don't want to just extend an invitation to a stranger but I'm in Gainesville if anyone wants meet up and BS so you can feel me out that is fine.

I ride a CRF450x, 30+ C or B skill level

Just me an email LCrugby12 at hotmail

The best way to find private places to ride is to starting hitting the races and meeting people.

Doesn't Robert Trent Jones have a nice track close to Gainesville?

Just go ride over there... Nice sand sections I hear....:thumbsup:

Check these guys out: Northern Virginia Trail Riders

http://nvtr.webs.com/

Or join up with us a bit further south: Central Virginia Trail Riders

We've got 100 acres with loads of trails and a decent MX track.

http://www.cvtronline.com

I agree with the "go to a race" comment. Check out VCHSS.net, great organization and they are racing this weekend in Bristol.

I doubt you will get many invites just out of the blue, but stranger things have happened.

Yeah actually I live across from he RTJ track! And I don't expect any handouts but this board has always been good to me, so you never know. I already learned about the Eagle bay track which I didn't know existed.

and yeah I'd like to jump right into a race but I need to test the new suspension and tuning before I go embarrass myself.

How many of the VCHSS races incorporate MX tracks? its one of the aspects I need to improve on. thanks

Only 3 or so of the 15 VCHSS races have a MX track mixed in that I can think of.

thanks to the guys who referred me to Eagle Bay, I joined sight unseen and I'll be out there Monday afternoon to try it out! Cant be any worse than where I ride now (my driveway)

You will like eagles bay I used to be a member out there and the trails will not be disappointing.

I'm going around 1400 today if any one else will be out there. I'll be the one dying of heat stroke

FORPWC has a *cough* track in Catlett.

I actually humored the idea just because its 10 minutes from my house but after sending them two emails without a reply the decision was made for me

I actually humored the idea just because its 10 minutes from my house but after sending them two emails without a reply the decision was made for me

I didnt have that issue, what email address did you use?

I had the same issue when I first moved up here, so I didn't join. I got a response after I joined another club.

I had the same issue when I first moved up here, so I didn't join. I got a response after I joined another club.

me three :ride:

Like some of these other guys said, just start entering some races. The best practice is to do it with a ton of other riders. I tried some H.S. and just was not comfortable doing it. I always raced MX and I hav a fear of trees. I had fun doing it but I was not fast and had to make room for other riders to get past me. I know guys who just do H.S. and enduro and say I'm nuts for racing MX.