Space in rebound adjuster

Just curious, how important is the space in between the fork dampner lock nut and the rebound adjuster when rebuilding the forks? The manual calls for .5mm to 1.00mm of space. Thats what I set it to, then hold the locknut and tighten the rebound adjuster.

it doesn't matter if its 0.00001mm or 10mm. but its important that there is a space, just to be sure that the rebound adjuster sits on the rod and is not stopped by the lock nut before it sits on the rod...

they could have written "there must be some space..." in the manual, but then I am sure that we will have 2 post a day "how much is some ?" :thumbsup:

the most important part is to make sure you DONT leave that space, and lock the nut against the rebound adjuster.

the most important part is to make sure you DONT leave that space, and lock the nut against the rebound adjuster.

I screw the rebound adjuster on finger tight until it stops, adjust the lock nut until there is 1mm of space, then hold the nut while I tighten the rebound adjuster to 21 ft.lbs.

good stuff

Should I be using some type of grease or something on the new seals? I usually wipe them with fresh fork oil before I install them.

i do the same