asv levers? how unbreakable?

i have a crf450r that i have broken two clutch levers off of. i want to buy the unbreakables but how are they unbreakable? my last wreck broke off the lever and how it broke is i was cruising in 2nd gear, missed the path i wanted to turn on and slammed the rear brake and layed it down:banghead:. the wieght of the bike and me (180lbs) pulled the lever off and the lever broke off out toward the front of the bike. it was connected by the cable and the little piece thats connected to the perch was only connected by the bolt that goes through the perch. how would an unbreakable lever not break in the situation?? any comments would be appreciated. thanks a billion

Faxon

the asv/unbrakable have basicaly hinges that let the lever move the way u broke your lever to the front of the bike

if you just buy the lever, the perch is the weak point and will still break. If you get the lever perch combo, they are much stronger. You will see them bend before they break.

i have regular asv's and never bent or broke them. you do need to adjust the perch so that it will spin on on the bar i fit is pushed and just tight enough to stay in place for normal use. i have never had a problem with this set up since 02 when i switched over to arc levers.

I was also looking to change out my stock levers, and I was looking at both ASV and Sunline. Anyone have a preference, or have used both.

Pretty Darn unbreakable. As always make sure you set the perch to spin under a hard impact (or solid blow from the palm of your hand).

I took Bob Morales(ASV) to his first race when he decided to get back into racing in the late 1980's at DeAnza,:ride:so there is a disclaimer here. They are pretty darn good levers but nothing is completely unbreakable. The good thing is if you break a lever he warranties it no questions asked! When people Warranty their levers he refurbishes(inspects the perch puts in aa new lever) them and sells them at a big discount as well.

I took Bob Morales(ASV) to his first race when he decided to get back into racing in the late 1980's at DeAnza,:ride:so there is a disclaimer here. They are pretty darn good levers but nothing is completely unbreakable. The good thing is if you break a lever he warranties it no questions asked! When people Warranty their levers he refurbishes(inspects the perch puts in aa new lever) them and sells them at a big discount as well.
wow, i didnt know that was bob morales company. i used to freestyle on bmx bikes back in the 80's. he was a judge at the bigger competitions i entered.

just installed my asv f3 holiday pro pack this morning and those things are sooooo sick! they look pretty beefy not to mention are trick as hell.. worth the money i think.

I have the C5s on my bike, i love them, and they will be the first thing i buy any time i get a new bike. Great upgrade!

There is a new C6 Lever coming out that is bad ass! I just put a set on Chuck Suns bike that he is racing at Glen Helen this weekend during the Vet World Championship race.

Joe

My son bent up the clutch perch and lever on his 2008 YZ125 (ASV C5 Pro). It was funny as the bike basically high sided over a bowl turn and landed in soft dirt but the way it came was staright into the lever and perch, so the lever bent and so did the perch.

We sent it in and that gave him a new one, top notch company!

I never bent one on my YZ250 I will add.

I used asv for years and when they wore out . I went to order a new set the ordering department kept jerking me around. They had the levers but couldn't ship for week? I switched to arc 1 year ago . Could not be happier. It is alot better design in the pivot point with out all of the slop asv has.

I just got a set of ARC RC8 with composite levers. Pricey but very nice. Clutch pull lighter than stock which I wasn't expecting.

ya what up asv slow ass shipping? orderd clutch and brake combo bout a month ago, still not here. the shop told me this week they should be here next week and they were back ordered. w t f?

do you think bark busters could be used as a substitute for unbreakable levers?

Here are some pics of their new C6. Models. Disregard the labels if you see them as different in the pics.

Joe2011-05-14_11-55-25_19.jpg

2011-05-14_11-54-51_679.jpg

2011-05-14_11-54-27_381.jpg

2011-05-14_11-54-12_525.jpg

is univarsal engineering they same company? they sell refurb asv on ebay.

anyway my asv lever came with a sleeve that went between the adjuster and cable end and it got lost i noticed i have alot of slop there, i thought i tried the sleeve but it didnt go over the cable end ,if i remeber right ?did it need to be in there? and it didnt come with the rubber boot , was it suppost to?

Bob bought Universal if I remember correctly.

Joe

Im not affiliated with them so I don't know about the sleeve question.

Joe

If you don't want to buy new levers, the factory ones should last almost forever. I haven't broke one in 10 years. Pull in the clutch lever in to make sure it's not sticking out farther than the end of the bars. Tighten the top perch bolt all the way. Tighten the bottom pinch bolt only enough to make it tough to spin the levers on the bars, but make sure you can still move them with your hands. You don't need teflon or any fancy gimics.