Oil??? (07 crf 450)

Just bought an 2007 CRF 450 and I hate to ask becasue I know I'm gonna start a Sh*# storm but.... What oil is recommended for the 07 CRF 450? I have two local shops and one said the Honda HP4 oil (w/o Moly) and the other said the HP4M (w/ Moly). Go figure the manula says both as well. Any suggestions????

Just bought an 2007 CRF 450 and I hate to ask becasue I know I'm gonna start a Sh*# storm but.... What oil is recommended for the 07 CRF 450? I have two local shops and one said the Honda HP4 oil (w/o Moly) and the other said the HP4M (w/ Moly). Go figure the manula says both as well. Any suggestions????

1st post.. an oil thread, go figure. ? As oakhillbiker post, there is TONS of info on oils.

Actually, BOTH your shops are "right", they just should have told you or you didn't hear what they said that you could use oil w/ moly on the engine side, and use an oil w/o moly on the clutch side (clutch will/could slip). It states that in the manual too..

I use Rotella on both sides as well.. hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of hours. Any good oil, just best to not put anything with "energy conserving" on the label in clutch side.