White Boots, any cleaning tips??

i pressure wash my boots after every ride when im out pressure washing the bike. lay them down next to the bike and give em a squirt. if it all doesnt come off, simple green works like stated above. btw, you'll love your gaernes

Simple Green and a Scotchbite pad works good......Sometimes I will spray some Maxima SC-1 of the front of them....which helps them clean up easier.........But cleaning them after each ride will keep them looking good.....the longer they sit with dirt or mud on them the harder they are to clean back up........

Ditto on what the other guys said, except the simple green. I used to use that but found that it is caustic to aluminum. Started using Shout laundry stain remover on my bike and boots. Hose off what mud you can, then hit the bike and boots with Shout...have a beer, powerwash the dog or what have you...whatever you need to do for about 15mins then come back and give it a quick hose with the hose or power washer. I am amazed at how well this stuff loosens dirt...it is considerably better than simple green and won't dull your aluminum. Hit any tuff spots with a little scotchbrite. You can get 1/2 gallon refill bottles for about $4.50. Plus, your gear smells fresh as a Summer's Eve!

Works great on tough stains on helmet fabric/foam as well. Word to the wise...get your own bottle for the garage. The wife was a little less than happy when she found her Shout in the garage nearly empty and covered in mud/grease.

The real test came last weekend. I have a "bearing buddy" on the trailer that loves to fling bearing grease onto the wheel. I have hit that thing with white lightning, simple green...you name it. Nothing put a dent in it. I was bored waiting for the bike to soak so I sprayed some shout on it and left it for a bit. Two years of grease came off instantly. Sold!

yes, what those other guys said. but if you pressure wash your boots (and even if you don't) give them a little love every so often by using saddle soap then leather conditioner. A little more work than the spray on/spray off method but then SG-12's are pretty pricey so a little TLC will save you some big $$.

First I use a little simple green and let it soak for a few min. Next I pressure wash them, make sure to put a shirt or towel in them so u dont get the insides wet. Then after there all clean, dry them off and spray come SC-1 on there so they look shiny and brand new.?

i pressure wash my boots after every ride when im out pressure washing the bike. lay them down next to the bike and give em a squirt. if it all doesnt come off, simple green works like stated above. btw, you'll love your gaernes

I know I'll love 'em. Tried at my local dealer last week and nearly died because of the comfort:worthy:. I was debating between the G-React boots:thumbsdn:? (absolutely awful) or A-Star Tech 8's . Tried the SG-12's on for fun and didn't want to take them off. It will be my first pair of Gaerne's by the way, have A-Star Tech 3's right now.

yes, what those other guys said. but if you pressure wash your boots (and even if you don't) give them a little love every so often by using saddle soap then leather conditioner. A little more work than the spray on/spray off method but then SG-12's are pretty pricey so a little TLC will save you some big $$.
Another tip picked up from somewhere, mag or book?...get an old traffic cone or two. Put the boot over it upside down and have at it. Insides stay pretty dry that way.

Thanks for the Comet tip!

Those are great tips. I usually just pressure wash mine, but if I want 'em to look really nice, Westly's Bleach White is the bomb. I have Tech 8's in black and white, actually surprised how good the whites are holding up appearance wise.