MX101 in Epping NH Videos

Busted out my GoPro for the first time. I've been a trail rider my whole life, so I'm new to the whole MX thing, so be easy!! I'm also about 60lbs too heavy for my own good:smirk:

I'm on a '08 CRF450R, my buddy has the white '05 CRF 250R

The first video is a bit choppy with the frame rates. I think its because I uploaded it directly from my video editing software. The 2nd one is much better. I'm using the video setting "3" which is the ultra wide angle @720p and 60fps. I'm also using a class 10 8gb SanDisk Extreme(ly expensive) SD card rated at 30mb/s

Next time I'm going to experiment with different camera locations, any suggestions?

Just went there 2 weeks ago, great track

Cool videos, that track looks like SO much fun!

Mounting on the side of the helmet at eye-level gives a better view. I also like the view with a chest mount but only if you are fairly tall. For us short people that view shows too much handlebar.

Check my side-mount videos here:

http://www.vimeo.com/user432844/videos

The idea of side mounting is growing on me. Your videos are pretty sweet. I wear a chest protector so I may try that as well. I'm 6'0" so I may be tall enough? I was more concerned about the camera shaking a lot and not aiming in the correct direction. I'm just gonna try new things every week which should keep me busy for a few weeks during the winter making videos.

What about mounting on the bike somewhere? I want to be able to see the rear tire roosting and who's ever following me.

The idea of side mounting is growing on me. Your videos are pretty sweet. I wear a chest protector so I may try that as well. I'm 6'0" so I may be tall enough? I was more concerned about the camera shaking a lot and not aiming in the correct direction. I'm just gonna try new things every week which should keep me busy for a few weeks during the winter making videos.

What about mounting on the bike somewhere? I want to be able to see the rear tire roosting and who's ever following me.

I have done a rear-facing mount on top of the helmet. It requires the following rider to stay very close to the camera in order for it to remain interesting.

I have not yet tried a bike-mounted option but have seen a video from the camera mounted on the front fender. It was surprisingly good and wasn't shaky like I thought it would be.

I have been considering some type of mounting that places the camera close to the ground, in order to give a better sensation of speed. I am considering trying it on the side of one of my boots.