Sign in to follow this  

Alberta Alberta Trail Riders Thread

the other AB thread was dudes who mostly ride track

this is for the dedicated off-roaders out there!

where do you play guys? lets find out!

Grande Prairie here!

Mclean creek for me cause its like 25 min away. If I am not there I am at Koocanusa.

Mostly Mclean Creek and Wiaprous area here. Did lots of riding in the Drumheller area when I lived there. Where is Kookanusa? Heard lots about it.

i just started riding but i will travel 3 hours from Edmonton but the only place i have gone is bruderheim trying to meet some people to ride with

Mostly Mclean Creek and Wiaprous area here. Did lots of riding in the Drumheller area when I lived there. Where is Kookanusa? Heard lots about it.

Kookanusa is southwest of Calgary in between Fernie and Cranbrook. Tons of forestry roads in the area, but last I heard there was a ton of fines being handed out for anyone caught riding in the area. There was a thread about it here if I remember right. Maybe it was on the RMDRA site now that I think about it.

Anyone here have Wednesday off? I am heading out to Maclean Creek tomorrow morning for some fun!

Kookanusa is southwest of Calgary in between Fernie and Cranbrook. Tons of forestry roads in the area, but last I heard there was a ton of fines being handed out for anyone caught riding in the area. There was a thread about it here if I remember right. Maybe it was on the RMDRA site now that I think about it.

I have ridden there the majority of the last three summers. Seen a ranger maybe 3 times if that. Nobody I know out there ever see's rangers either. Im pretty sure its something people from the area started so that Albertans dont head that way haha.

On the few times its talked about on RDMA, its usually people bushwacking that get in trouble.

There was an " interpretation" of the rules one year that lead to big fines at kooc... Didn't stand up in court though, and higher ups made sure the "interpretation" was corrected! Join your local club! We all need to get together so our voices are heard, we can educate and move forward, this province has the greatest riding on the planet, we need to protect it!

Pocupine Hills and Race Horse are both excelent areas to ride.

New to the Peace Country but we have an area call the "jack pines" suppose to be really good... lots of sand and trails... ill let you guys/gals no how it goes in about a month

Looks like good riding in and around peace river too

From an hour or so south of Edmonton mainly ride around Nordegg, Brule, Cadomin, Bruderheim. Headed to Alder Flats a couple weeks back and definately would not reccomend it for us two wheelers. Does anyone know of any other spots within 1-3 hours of Edmonton?

Report on the place called Jack Pines in or Near High Prairie... its awesome... all sand... series of trails (used by atv's so you can't call them single track) but the area is really a series of gravel pits...open pine forest... forest floor is sand... since I am a crappy rider (just new to this thing really) I don't like the deep sand in places... best just after a good rainfal so the sand is nice and tacky... haven't explored too much of the area as I am riding alone... i go on mondays or tuesdays normally so I can stay away from the atv's if you guys are interested ill try to post some pics...

i like to go to nordegg/rocky mountain area around the forest thump road nice crown land no dummys ether

• Like 1

I am from sask and going to be in edmonton the last week of jun. Just wondering if there are any good riding places around edmonton.

http://goo.gl/maps/qwfTU

Hope the link works.

Craziest place I ever rode. West of Caroline past the Clearwater trading centre.

Take a right on RR74,

Road splits into two

Left takes you to Phyllis Lake. (Don't go hear)

Right takes you to a massive Connoco Phillips Pipeline/ Cutline that goes on forever. Much longer than google maps shows.

Can't wait to go back. It is quad, truck, dirt bike and side by side friendly.

You better licensed, registered and insured as there are lots of RCMP and Park Rangers out there waiting to impound machines. The have little tolerance/ patience for idiots/ morons.

Just be respectful and mindful of the area, don't drink and drive and careful where you are shooting (if you are shooting).

Cheers!

Edited by mobgma

Used to ride McLean a fair bit but have been finding myself at Koocanusa more during the summer. Anyone gonna be down there on June15-16th weekend?

I have ridden mostly around Edmonton but would like to ride near Caroline. Anyone know of any good trails around there that aren't whooped out by quads? No mud bogs..