Sign in to follow this  

OEM Parts

Wow, you're right. The OEM button is gone. The OEM section when you enter your specific machine is gone also. I just ordered some OEM parts from the other week.

From RMATV:

We're sorry for the interruption, the service company which provides our OEM images and parts information is currently experiencing problems. Please check this page again shortly. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

For what it's worth, I saw the same problem a few weeks ago. I checked again the next day and it was back working again.

Yes. They do still sell them, I was looking for an OEM diagram last night, and when I went directly to the OEM store URL, it had a page stating it was under construction due to their provider being down, or something to that affect. They are still selling OEM parts, just waiting on their system to come back up.

The OEM button is gone again. I jumped on their live chat and the person I talked to said that due to some licensing and trademark issues the OEMs are not allowing them to sell through that site and said they didn't know when or if negotiations would allow them to bring that section back again.

bummer...

The OEM button is gone again. I jumped on their live chat and the person I talked to said that due to some licensing and trademark issues the OEMs are not allowing them to sell through that site and said they didn't know when or if negotiations would allow them to bring that section back again.

bummer...

I'm almost positive that they will bring the OEM section back, whether or not it's with a different provider is another story. I'm sure OEM orders make up a decent chunk of their sales, and without it means people either have to do their shopping at two separate places, or they'll just entirely switch over to a site that sells both OEM and aftermarket parts.

Huh...kinda odd. I've heard there is a line in some of the dealer agreements that new OEM parts are not to be resold, like this situation. Too bad cause my local dealer can't find parts it in the microfiche unless I point them out.... MXsouth also sells OEM parts w/ their aftermarket, wonder if they will be shut down too???

I have no idea what happened in this specific case. BUT, They never REALLY sold oem parts. They set up partnerships with local dealers. Lets say you set up a 30% off deal. You then listed the parts on your site at 10% off list, then dropped shipped everything that the person ordered. You pocket a cool 20% for doing nothing, or at the very most opening boxes and repacking everything.

Now, lets pretend that you set up a partnership with a little Mom and Pop dealer in Nowhere, UT. How well do you think this place, working out of a tough shed, could handle nationwide OEM parts orders? Also items that showed "in stock" could very well mean the item was in stock...in Suzuki's Parts warehouse in Brea, Ca.

Truth be told, I live 50 miles away from RM. They are a really good place to deal with, and we are lucky to have them this close for emergencies. Being 100% honest, Thumpertalk's store runs circles around them when it comes to service and has a far better OEM Partnership set up.

Truth be told, I live 50 miles away from RM. They are a really good place to deal with, and we are lucky to have them this close for emergencies. Being 100% honest, Thumpertalk's store runs circles around them when it comes to service and has a far better OEM Partnership set up.

I have to disagree with this.

I like TT and try to order from them as much as possible, but I will not order OEM parts from them, because each and every time I have, it has taken over two weeks to get the parts (and I'm in Idaho, so I'm extremely close).

I once called Justin and asked what the deal was, and it was because they usually don't have OEM parts on hand; they have to order them, and then turn around the ship them once they're received. I've never had that problem with RM or other places like NCY.