GSXR X40F0X Installation ...Mid Pipe Help!!!

So I found a X40F0X!

Just kept calling local scracyards until I got lucky! Should be comming in today ?

I am now looking into building a mid-pipe---or having one built that is. I have access to a fabrication shope with all that I need: pipe benders, welders, and the talent to do it.

Any help or reccomendation that anyone can offer? Pipe dimentions, bends, etc?

I was also wondering...are there any additional gaskets from the flange into the exhaust or mid-pipe into the motor that I should know about? Sorry guys I'm pretty new to this.

Finally, I have it Jetted for a 600-750 GSXR exhaust...bought it like that. Will I need to re-jet for the GSXR 1000 can?

i watched a guy at the shop do it whilst making up my midpipe, looks like a piece of piss. Start bending from the headpipe back, use the stock pipe as a rough guide but do it bend by bend, refit onto the bike occasionally and visually check for clearance. Was done and painted in about 45 minutes

Good idea to get the flange ready with a short step-down section of pipe, but only weld it on once the midpipe is in position, make sure the midpipe goes into the flange a good inch or 2 to prevent it from cracking or vibrating loose

I bought the Hindle mid pipe, but haven't installed it yet because: I've since seen pics of the lowest bend (at the swingarm), dimpled upward. Apparently the stock midpipe doesn't drop as far down. Looks like it hits the front plastic clip that locates the rear brake line, swingarm compressed. I thought NordieBoy had posted that pic, maybe.

My point; watch for the swingarm/brake line clearance.

I didn't have access to a bender so I made mine from pieces of an elbow. Just cut and trim to fit the correct angles. I polished the welds out at the joints to make it look better. I also welded a support to the rear OEM exhaust mounting location for extra support.

111090.jpg

111124.jpg

I bought the Hindle mid pipe, but haven't installed it yet because: I've since seen pics of the lowest bend (at the swingarm), dimpled upward. Apparently the stock midpipe doesn't drop as far down. Looks like it hits the front plastic clip that locates the rear brake line, swingarm compressed. I thought NordieBoy had posted that pic, maybe.

My point; watch for the swingarm/brake line clearance.

Yep. I wouldn't consider the Hindle. Go for 2 Bros or custom.

Mine was squished up a cm or so and still hit the clip.

I didn't have access to a bender so I made mine from pieces of an elbow. Just cut and trim to fit the correct angles. I polished the welds out at the joints to make it look better. I also welded a support to the rear OEM exhaust mounting location for extra support.

111090.jpg

111124.jpg

check the travel. looks like it may contact the swing-arm. after it burns through the brakeline.