250x and cr250 forks?

So really i have a 2 part question. First can a cr250 be used as a woods bike? If so what things will make it more user friendly?

Next I have a 2004 crf250x that i've had the suspention done on. I really don't want to loose a bunch of money on it so i would love to swap it out to a cr250 if possible. Do they fit?

1) yes, cr2s make fantastic woods bike, esp 2005-07. just needs a good rider.

2)Yes, 250x fit perfectly on 2005-07 CR250.

Ive started riding alot of tight trails with my 06 cr 250, works very well.

Had dual gaskets on the cylinder last year, decreased detonation and also it became very smooth to ride, felt like a new bike, lost some power but its enough as it is. This year i ran with no extra gasket and its so snappy and runs harder, though it detonates alot for me, so yesterday i put dual gaskets on the head, will try it tomorrow :thumbsup:

what do you mean detonates?

I dont know how to explain, the head is made for high octane fuel like 98+ its high compression, youll lower the compression by adding a extra gasket.

Google about detonating and youll understand what it is, i cant explain very well :thumbsup:

Ive started riding alot of tight trails with my 06 cr 250, works very well.

Had dual gaskets on the cylinder last year, decreased detonation and also it became very smooth to ride, felt like a new bike, lost some power but its enough as it is. This year i ran with no extra gasket and its so snappy and runs harder, though it detonates alot for me, so yesterday i put dual gaskets on the head, will try it tomorrow :thumbsup:

i done dual base gaskets(cylinder) on a 2005 cr250 modified motor for the same reason and it worked great, made the bottom end very smooth good middle and alot ot top end, also it made it alot easier to jet. But i have never done the 2 head gaskets because of the pressure on it, let me know hogaskets.w the head gaskets work compared to the base

I put 2004 CRF250X forks and shock on my 02 cr250R.

They fit BUT:

1 the CRFX fork top tubes are slightly shorter. Measure the difference and compensate by mounting them lower in the triples.

2 the brake caliper is different- use the CRFX caliper.

i done dual base gaskets(cylinder) on a 2005 cr250 modified motor for the same reason and it worked great, made the bottom end very smooth good middle and alot ot top end, also it made it alot easier to jet. But i have never done the 2 head gaskets because of the pressure on it, let me know hogaskets.w the head gaskets work compared to the base

Oh that made sense about putting on cylinder base, hope i dont blow the gaskets on the head... we'll see today