Sign in to follow this  

Title transfer please help!!!

Hey guys I am looking into buying a frame with a streetable title for my rmz 450. I found a frame that has a title from tennesee. I talked to the guy who has it and he says it does not say anywhere on it that it says for offroad use only and what not. My question is that for the body type it says MX. with that being said does anyone think I can slip that through the dmv here in nj since it is an actual title and not an MSO?

In Colorado, the title you get does not say "for offroad only". Only the MSO or bill of sale you use to actually create a title states that. I believe that is how you can get a title, because a title was never created, only a bill of sale or MSO that states the bike never had a title because it was "for offroad only".

hmmm i'm a little leery about dropping the money and not being able to get it through the dmv. Oh what to do, what to do....

Idk what the laws in your state are but in az to make something street legal it has to be 49cc's or higher, have a front light, a brake light with a running light. you need turn signals for night. but you can use hand signals for the day. You must also have a horn. if you have all of those things you need a title with the bike/vehicle in your name and you take it to the emissions and if it passes the emission test then you can legally ride on the streets. Then comes the insurance heh. my dad insured his yzf450 for $15 bucks a month since it was classified as an off road vehicle and would "only be used 1-3 times a month on the streets". What the insurance company doesnt know wont hurt them :thumbsup:

Just because It does not say offroad use only does not mean your state will allow it.. Not to mention DOT or NHSTA. Ohh and when you go to transfer titles your state will issue a new title and if they deem it not road worthy they will tell you that you can't have a plate.

Idk what the laws in your state are but in az to make something street legal it has to be 49cc's or higher, have a front light, a brake light with a running light. you need turn signals for night. but you can use hand signals for the day. You must also have a horn. if you have all of those things you need a title with the bike/vehicle in your name and you take it to the emissions and if it passes the emission test then you can legally ride on the streets. Then comes the insurance heh. my dad insured his yzf450 for $15 bucks a month since it was classified as an off road vehicle and would "only be used 1-3 times a month on the streets". What the insurance company doesnt know wont hurt them :thumbsup:

I didn't have to do any of this. I just told them I wanted a street tag, paid $7 and they gave it to me.

I cannot help in NJ though, sorry about the off topic.

I didn't have to do any of this. I just told them I wanted a street tag, paid $7 and they gave it to me.

Damn I wish it was that easy out here in new jersey!

Damn I wish it was that easy out here in new jersey!

Just call your dmv and ask what the requirements are to get a unregistered vehicle street legal.

:thumbsup: Nice! what state do you live in?

:thumbsup: Nice! what state do you live in?

Arizona. They didn't even care to look at my bike and I brought it just in case. The OHV sticker cost more than the street tag.

Arizona. They didn't even care to look at my bike and I brought it just in case. The OHV sticker cost more than the street tag.

nice you lucky son of a gun