2007 vs 2009

I'm new to bikes, and I'm looking for a little guidance. I'm an "A" class mx rider on quads, but I'm looking to switch to bikes. I'm looking at used Kawi kx250f's, and I had a couple bikes in mind, one 07 and one 09. From what I understand, almost the entire bike was new for 2009. Would someone with very little bike experience benefit from any of those changes? The extra cash isn't really a problem, but only if I will get results that I can notice. Thanks for any help.

I noticed a big difference from my 06 to my 09 in that the 09 had a lot more bottom end power and positioning on the bike just felt more natural (it feels slimmer between the legs, and it's easier to get on the tank in corners). Shifting is noticebly better too. IMO, it's worth the extra cash.

first and formost toss that "I'm an "A" quad rider" crap.. going from four wheels to two is a whole diffrent animal. It'd be a diffrent story if you started on bikes went to quads and now coming back ect.. Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Next.. I own a 07 and a 2011.. I can not remember what my 2007 felt like stock but when I was riding my 07 before I got my 2011 I rode my friends 09 and hated it.. I was used to the 07 being setup with cams and what not for top end power and the 09 was a bottom mid bike.. I just couldn't get used to it.. When I switched to my 2011 it was the same it took a bit to adjust to the bottom mid power vs the 07 being on top.. The other day I rode my 07 and hated it.. the power delivery of the 09-11 motors are much better suited then the top end of what my 07 is..

With that being said.. Either bike is great just gotta get used to it.. How ever I would buy the bike you know is more taken care of and has lesser hours on it.. allthough if you're talking only a few hours diffrence then you should go with the bike you know is more taken care of..

I think you missed the whole point for me telling you about my A class quad "crap", as you put it. I was just trying to get the point across that I'm not a complete riding noob in general. Hence, me asking about the differences between the bikes. If you thought I was just learning to use a clutch or jump a double for the first time, your advice may have been different. Obviously I'm not expecting to hop on a bike and hit a 110 foot triple the first day.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions. It sounds like the 09 is the way to go.

I think you missed the whole point for me telling you about my A class quad "crap", as you put it. I was just trying to get the point across that I'm not a complete riding noob in general. Hence, me asking about the differences between the bikes. If you thought I was just learning to use a clutch or jump a double for the first time, your advice may have been different. Obviously I'm not expecting to hop on a bike and hit a 110 foot triple the first day.

Anyway, thanks for the opinions. It sounds like the 09 is the way to go.

It's just in this realm we really don't care about any class of quad racing ?

Ohh and yes I was being an ass when I said that.. haha Glad you're deciding to leave the darkside of the quad and come to the light!

It's just in this realm we really don't care about any class of quad racing ?

Ohh and yes I was being an ass when I said that.. haha Glad you're deciding to leave the darkside of the quad and come to the light!

No hard feelings. Looking forward to learning to ride all over again. :confused:. Thanks guys.

I have an 07 and my friend had an 09 and my 07 felt "ballsier" but either bike is great and I would go with the better taken care of bike, I would rather have a 100 hour 07 with a documented history than a 100 hour clapped out 09 with the owner having no idea what has been done

I have an 07 and my friend had an 09 and my 07 felt "ballsier" but either bike is great and I would go with the better taken care of bike, I would rather have a 100 hour 07 with a documented history than a 100 hour clapped out 09 with the owner having no idea what has been done

Or my '09 that has 30 hours and an excel spreadsheet detailing every single maintenance item since it was bought ?

Speaking of which...looks like I need to regrease and check the valves before the season really gets going.

Or my '09 that has 30 hours and an excel spreadsheet detailing every single maintenance item since it was bought ?

Speaking of which...looks like I need to regrease and check the valves before the season really gets going.

yeah I did that on my old CRF450 I had.

BTW I rode a '11 KX450F today and it just felt funny to me, I got back on my 07 KX250f and felt like I was home

BUT I did like that instant power

^ i felt that way when i went from my 07 to my 09 kxf250 . they have more wt on the front tire. but one you get it dialed and get use to it its better. i dont know how much you wt but the new kxf 450 has a very stiff rear spring .2 kg softer makes it feel better more like your 07

when ihad my 07, i liked it, i never had any problems with it, then when i switched to the 09, it felt alot better as far as handeling and suspension seemed a lil better for my likings. overall i thik the 09 was alot better!