is keeping the bike snappy and having longer gears still possible?

for the tracks and woods i ride in around here my 1st and 2nd are fine but my 3rd gear i feel like im bouncin of the li iter way to much :thumbsup: and was wondering if there was a way for it to be longer? sprockets or whatever idk, and 4th gear is to low revved :confused:

I'm with ya. 3rd pinned is a great woods racing speed, but 1/4 throttle 4th is so much easier on the engine. I'm a whirldwind of shifting 2-3-4-3-2-3-4 for 2 hours at a time. It works though. Believe it or not - a pipe and a megabomb will completely move the power, add a bazzaz to fine tune the setup and you'll be checking-out on the competition :thumbsup:

Edited by xplant
forgot pipe and bazzaz are better than a tooth change

What sprockets are you running? If you are stock at 13/48, you might try a 49 or 50 on the back. A 50 will take a longer chain. I use a 13/50 and like it.

i got the bike with renthal sprockets on it and the th count isnt stamped into it so i dont know, but would a 49 make 3rd gear a little longeR?

i got the bike with renthal sprockets on it and the th count isnt stamped into it so i dont know, but would a 49 make 3rd gear a little longeR?

Look closer, it should be stamped on there.

A 49 will allow you to shift into 3rd sooner and allow you to keep it there through most corners.

so i can ride it hard and not have to rev it to death and shift to 4th? thanks