Sign in to follow this  

Valve shim purchase??

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase some valving shims and started to wonder what you all thought was a good way to start. Obviously there are tons of different shims, I.D., O.D., thickness, etc. I'm thinking a good place for me to start is with 6,8, and 12, I.D.'s? What would be the best option for O.D. in your opinions, and thickness? I'm sure some of you that do revalves all the time know what is common and what is not so I'm just looking for a little advice. I will be working mostly on twin chamber KYB's and Showas. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you are like me and plan to fiddle with suspensions as a hobby i suggest this site to order shims because you can buy low quantities, but you will see it gets expensive quick. http://www.racingsuspensionproducts.com/

If it gets more serious and you need to buy larger quantities you will have to find another place because the price won't be right anymore.

If you are like me and plan to fiddle with suspensions as a hobby i suggest this site to order shims because you can buy low quantities, but you will see it gets expensive quick. http://www.racingsuspensionproducts.com/

If it gets more serious and you need to buy larger quantities you will have to find another place because the price won't be right anymore.

Price really isn't right in low quantities either. That places charges $1.59 where mx-tech charges $1.19. His shipping charge was more as well.

Thanks. I think im gonna call MX-Tech.

are you in the north or south nevada? you can pm me and i can give you some shim lists, and i've got a decent amount i can sell you.