Finished with Big Bore, FCR and HotCams...

Just wondering if I should do the head next or the crank... I'm leaning towards the stroker... Bike runs strong... but, you know, could always use more!

Personally if I where to get into the bottem end I would throw in a big bore also,

mainly depending on your budget and riding style RHC 187 and a new valve train. plus the mrd to suport it.

Edited by bin
correction

Go stroker, when it's apart send your head off to Eddie for porting , +1mm RHC valves and st 2 spring kit,......

While your got your credit card out ,purchase a Fcr 41mm and RHC187 cams from Eddie as well.....Sell your Fcr39 and hotcams......:thumbsup:

To get the best out of a stroker you need the bigger carb, valves and different cams...

Personally if I where to get into the bottem end I would throw in a big bore also

He said he already has the big bore. :thumbsup:

Go stroker, when it's apart send your head off to Eddie for porting , +1mm RHC valves and st 2 spring kit,......

While your got your credit card out ,purchase a Fcr 41mm and RHC187 cams from Eddie as well.....Sell your Fcr39 and hotcams......:thumbsup:

To get the best out of a stroker you need the bigger carb, valves and different cams...

Yea, I'm going to do the head later. Gonna keep the carb and cams... for now. I'm also running the Yosh RS-4 dual exhaust... Seems to work well! This is getting expensive!

1-8.jpg

I'm looking at this crank... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220779349064&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Is that a good one???

you will need to lower compression with several base gaskets if you are gonna try and run the hotcams with a stroker.

bike looks good:thumbsup:

He said he already has the big bore. :thumbsup:

my bad.

I was running your set up last year. +4 BB, hot cams stg1, 39 FCR, and Yosh rs-4 exhaust. I went to the set up I have now and it was another $3000, so be ready if you want more power, but I'm sure you know.

Nice duels I love mine too, Was the last thing holding back my bike back though!

The difference I noticed was unbelievable now that I have a ssw/mrd. no dyno to show it but at least 4hp difference.

Question, will there be a gain with a head job and + valving on a BigBore and hot cams?

Im thinking no but was wondering.

Nice looking bike.:confused:

Question, will there be a gain with a head job and + valving on a BigBore and hot cams?

Im thinking no but was wondering.

No.

l asked Eddie this question already. However he did say that if you had it done it would be all ready for if/when you chose to go BIG. Apparently there is also no stage 2 spring kit now... just one kit for both. Not sure about the +1mm valves though.

I'm thinking it may be time to call it finished. I'm getting to the point of diminished bang for the buck here... Thanks for all the input!

you will need to lower compression with several base gaskets if you are gonna try and run the hotcams with a stroker.

Can you elaborate??? I (and many others) are currently running Hotcams with 11:1 or 12:1 compression... so I don't understand the difference.

Can you elaborate??? I (and many others) are currently running Hotcams with 11:1 or 12:1 compression... so I don't understand the difference.

yes you are talking about big bore only motors.

when you add the stroker crank the swept volume goes up and increases the compression.

the hotcams do not have enough duration to control the cylinder pressure increase of a stroker motor. it will push head gaskets constantly unless you either lower the compression or run the correct cams. even if you lower the compression the hotcams will mkae a stroker motort run like it has a rag in the air box. you will also need a 41mm carb.

building a stroker motor is more than just slapping a crank in.

I'm thinking it may be time to call it finished. I'm getting to the point of diminished bang for the buck here... Thanks for all the input!

Hey, if I'm not mistaken, you're in Orange County according to #'s on the side of your bike?:thinking:excuseme: Come join us to one of our scheduled track days sometime. Check on SMJ under the local ride alerts for plenty of events for track days. Adams, Apex, Grange, or even the Qualcomm races aren't too far from you. They would be great places to test your bike to see where it needs improvement. Come join us on Friday, June 10th at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium for the 1/8 mile drags. It should be a great testing ground for you as well. :thumbsup:

yes you are talking about big bore only motors.

when you add the stroker crank the swept volume goes up and increases the compression.

the hotcams do not have enough duration to control the cylinder pressure increase of a stroker motor. it will push head gaskets constantly unless you either lower the compression or run the correct cams. even if you lower the compression the hotcams will mkae a stroker motort run like it has a rag in the air box. you will also need a 41mm carb.

building a stroker motor is more than just slapping a crank in.

Thanks!!! I think I'm done with mods for the time being. This just gets too expensive for the gains made from this point on IMO. My money would be better spent de-smoging/re-jetting my FZ1. Thanks again for all the input!

Hey, if I'm not mistaken, you're in Orange County according to #'s on the side of your bike?:thinking:excuseme: Come join us to one of our scheduled track days sometime. Check on SMJ under the local ride alerts for plenty of events for track days. Adams, Apex, Grange, or even the Qualcomm races aren't too far from you. They would be great places to test your bike to see where it needs improvement. Come join us on Friday, June 10th at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium for the 1/8 mile drags. It should be a great testing ground for you as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the invite!!! I'll check it out!