Project dune bike

Looks like a blast..... ?

Could you explain the concept on the front tire straps? Maybe I'm pulling a blonde moment cause "I don't get it.." :confused:

Well if you havent ridden dunes much, the problem with the front end while smoken through the tight trails or hard cornering is the front tire wants to stop spinning which then will sink or washout, both with a bad outcome. The Trac-Straps act like little paddles keeping the tire spinning and pulling you through the turns giving you excellent handling, and unbelievable traction. Worth every penny if you dune ride!!!

id like to know more about painting/powdercoating/anodizing. what did you do to fram, swingarm, fork tubes etc.

the bike looks amazingly great, Im very jealous.

I build bikes and sell them, so I do this quite a bit......Take off all plastics, wheels, swingarm and clean, clean, clean.........Sand and prep all visable frame areas, mask off everything and shoot it with primer then color using an HVLP paint system. Paint swingarm and bake it for 15 minutes. Dune trim sideplates and front fender. Put everything back together with new rims, seatcover etc, wrap the fork tubes with vinyl and the bikes ready to go looking NEW......Powdercoating is fine if your doing it for your personel bike and you want to take all the time to take everything off the frame....I have a powdercoat system in my shop, but for quick turn around and minimal cost, the above method is much more cost effective, and looks pretty much the same when your done.

intersting, a few questions

what is baking?

Where do you get the vinyl?

And, you have the enging and what not on the frame when you paint it?

thanks sorry for all the questions. your bike looks amazing

intersting, a few questions

what is baking?

Where do you get the vinyl?

And, you have the enging and what not on the frame when you paint it?

thanks sorry for all the questions. your bike looks amazing

I have a big industrial oven I use for baking powdercoating or enamel just at a lower temperature and less time........Measure fork tube areas you want to cover and go to your local graphic sign company and have them cut out some pieces for you. Each fork area should be in two pieces for ease of installation. Another method I have used alot, when in a hurry is to just use vinyl electrical tape and wrap the tubes. Take off the number plate, take your time and wrap them evenly and they come out looking great. The tape is actually very durable against debris and weather. Home Depot has alot of colors in the electrical section........Yes engine is in the frame. It usually takes me 30 minutes to mask it all up. I use alot of tinfoil, conforms great to all the hard to mask areas.... **Obviously this tecnique is only good when repainting the same color. Color changes would need entire bike dismantled.

Edited by bykas

Well if you havent ridden dunes much, the problem with the front end while smoken through the tight trails or hard cornering is the front tire wants to stop spinning which then will sink or washout, both with a bad outcome. The Trac-Straps act like little paddles keeping the tire spinning and pulling you through the turns giving you excellent handling, and unbelievable traction. Worth every penny if you dune ride!!!

Makes sense... thanks! ?

I have a big industrial oven I use for baking powdercoating or enamel just at a lower temperature and less time........Measure fork tube areas you want to cover and go to your local graphic sign company and have them cut out some pieces for you. Each fork area should be in two pieces for ease of installation. Another method I have used alot, when in a hurry is to just use vinyl electrical tape and wrap the tubes. Take off the number plate, take your time and wrap them evenly and they come out looking great. The tape is actually very durable against debris and weather. Home Depot has alot of colors in the electrical section........Yes engine is in the frame. It usually takes me 30 minutes to mask it all up. I use alot of tinfoil, conforms great to all the hard to mask areas.... **Obviously this tecnique is only good when repainting the same color. Color changes would need entire bike dismantled.

thats very cool. thanks for the tips bro ?

I think I will try doing the vinyl fork tube.

Great looking bike. keep them comming