who has the loudest 230?

i know its hard to tell who has the loudest...

but who is satisfied with their sound from their exhaust? and what do you have?

i am running the stock header (boo) w/ an FMF Powercore 4 muffler

sound is loud.. nice BRAP ? but i could handle MOAR NOIZZZZZ

thoughts?

i ride deep bush trails

i like loud as it helps my fellow bushwackers to find me if they loose me, and also to scare off wildlife

i am not concerned in anyway about making too much noise and making people angry.. it is simply NOT an issue where i ride

nah man nothin fancy,

maybe 300 miles is a stretch, but we can drive where ever we want to go and unload and **** off down trails anywhere..

they joys of canada buddy... tons and tons of un-used land just for us to play in!!!

i just want to reconfirm, i am in no way trying to hurt the sport

i dont ride Mx i dont want to be louder than eveyone at the track.. i dont ride close to peoples homes, and i am NOT causing any trouble with my noise...

sometimes my friends and i get seperated, and noise helps us find each other,

my friend rides a KX250F and i can hear her ANYWHERE in the bush, but they have stated my bike is very quiet, and if they cant see me, sometimes they dont know where i am...

that is why i want a louder bike.. not to cause trouble..

also, i am not a poser.. i am a noob to dirtbiking.. but trying to learn the ins and outs..

sorry if i offended anyone by wanting to be loud

i know its hard to tell who has the loudest...

but who is satisfied with their sound from their exhaust? and what do you have?

i am running the stock header (boo) w/ an FMF Powercore 4 muffler

sound is loud.. nice BRAP :confused: but i could handle MOAR NOIZZZZZ

thoughts?

Try this one!!!! http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/

you will impress alot more people!?

I think if you guys all learned "bump and go" you wouldnt have to rely on trying to hear where the person went. Its also a lot safer in the event someone gets hurt. If they have a broken leg, knocked out, or worse, they wont be able to start/rev their bike anyway. Good bump and go practice and a set of radios is the best way to "fly" if you are in very remote/dangerous/hard to get help places.

When you come to a fork in the trail, you stop until the guy behind you can see which path you took. Then the cycle repeats until the guy running "sweep" (last) gets there. If you get seperated always go back to the last place everyone was at and wait to be found. Only the leader of the group turns everyone around to go back for someone who didnt show up at the last "bump". As long as everyone sticks to it its impossible to get split up and if someone breaks down or wrecks, they will be easily found.

The only thing that stops this from working correctly is a rider who is "too competitive" and wants to ride up everyones butt. When that happens the guy behind him gets to the fork, and doesnt know which way to go. So if the rider who gets "lost" does the proper thing and goes BACK to the last place everyone was at then once the guys up front realize the guys behind are missing and turn around, you find out who the guy was who didnt follow the rules quite easily! =)

oh, yeah we ride like that, but usually at a fork we will stop and wait for everyone, and then proceed..

last night i took the spark arrestor out of my exhaust, (apparantly makes it louder) and i hated.. repeat HATED the sound it made... maybe i dont want more noise...

needless to say, it was immediately put back into the pipe, and i am happier with it..

?

keep the FMF its as good as its gona sound. the BBR is louder but sounds like ass. i dont have experience with any other pipes on these bikes.

I have an older BBR without the spark arrestor and I like the sound.....I just repacked it this winter.....but I always ride alone so I don't need anyone to hear me.....?