Guess that CDI

OK.........here`s a little game we call "guess that CDI":bonk:

Horri sent me a CDI supposedly for a XRL.....it`s way to small compared to all the CDI`s i`ve repaired......so maybe someone can help if i give pics and measurements:thumbsup:

It measures 8cm x 5.5cm x 2.2mm ...or close to it........anyone have any ideas.......i`ve never seen one:smirk:

It`s even smaller than the Transalp ones i just repaired and they were 1/2 inch shorter in length.anyone have some CDI`s kickin arround they can measure for me..

MYSTERY-CDI-2.jpg

Mystery-CDI.jpg

B

Have you tried it in your XRL yet or is it too much hassle??.Is the pin arrangement the same??. Size is of no matter if it works...Do you mean NX650 when you say TransAlp,,??

I've got plenty of CDIs laying about but they are all XR/XL250/500/600..

Actually Brian I've just been going through my auction feedback and see it was advertised as an XR600 CDI..I tried it on one of my bikes ages ago but it didn't seem to work but that may have been due to some other problem,,I then assumed it must be for a 650,,maybe I've cocked up..

Edited by Horri

Have you tried it in your XRL yet or is it too much hassle??.Is the pin arrangement the same??. Size is of no matter if it works...Do you mean NX650 when you say TransAlp,,??

I've got plenty of CDIs laying about but they are all XR/XL250/500/600..

Actually Brian I've just been going through my auction feedback and see it was advertised as an XR600 CDI..I tried it on one of my bikes ages ago but it didn't seem to work but that may have been due to some other problem,,I then assumed it must be for a 650,,maybe I've cocked up..

No i meant Transalp Horri.i just repaired 2 for a guy in Texas........

B

I should maybe elaborate further on that CDI..When I purchased it it was advertised as XR600 but the joker also said it should work on the 600 and 650..He obviously didn't know they are two different items and neither did I at the time..I bought it,,tried it on the 600 and had no joy so suspected it was really for a 650 and the seller was simply confused over bikes/CDIs..Maybe it is 600 and it simply didn't work on my XR600s for some other reason..Sorry if that's the case Brian,,know anyone else with a 600???

I should maybe elaborate further on that CDI..When I purchased it it was advertised as XR600 but the joker also said it should work on the 600 and 650..He obviously didn't know they are two different items and neither did I at the time..I bought it,,tried it on the 600 and had no joy so suspected it was really for a 650 and the seller was simply confused over bikes/CDIs..Maybe it is 600 and it simply didn't work on my XR600s for some other reason..Sorry if that's the case Brian,,know anyone else with a 600???

Not a problem Horri........just tryin to figure out for sure what it fits....then either give it to someone.....or tear it apart and solder it up for someone in the future...just interested in what it fits:smirk:

B