Rental in Littleton area

Grew up in Littleton, LHS 1979 and am looking for recomendations on dirt bike or light dual sport rentals locations in the area.

I ride the Mojave desert a lot (XR400 and KTM 200) and have been to Rampart on a prior high school reunion visit. Coming out to help out the parents and want to sneak in a day trip on a decent rental bike 400-450cc

Thanks!

DED

DED...Extreme Rentals out of Lakewood rents DRZ400's for $105 per day. I have never used them but have been looking around at places that might rent for friends that want to try riding, etc. http://www.extremerentalsinc.com/

I see another place in Arvada that rents WR450F for $135 a day. http://www.sportsrent.net/

I have rented plenty of snowmobiles, but never dirt bikes since I own them. Hopefully some other people with dirt bike rental experience will chime in.

I've had good experiences with Extreme Rentals in Lakewood. Rented my wife a CRF100 from there last year, and my old roommate got a 230F from there awhile back to come ride with us one weekend. The bikes ran great, and their DRZ400s appear to be well maintained also.

I am curious, do they govern their bike rentals? We rented some skis from that place on Wads & extreme sports and they were both governed to max out at 35mph, we was not pleased!!!

I don't think so... The 100 I rented for my wife felt a bit slower than my old TT-R 125 but not slow enough to have a gov'nah on it.

Where do they put those on bikes anyway, is it a throttle stop? I've only seen them on go-karts as a kid.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I rented from them it was a YZ450f and while a bit clapped out worked great.

I ended up borrowing my Bro-in-laws xr400 which had been sitting since 2008. My bro in law is not the most mechanically inclined guy. He had the bike sitting full of old gas since 2008 and it wouldn't run.

He took it to Grand PRix Motorsports at Countyline and SAnta Fe to get it ready for me to use. and hopefully for him again.. They proceeded to charge him $300 to change a main jet and put in a new needle, drain the tank and shoot some carb cleaner through the carb. They managed to break the fuel petcock off inside the tank and mess it up so it wouldn't turn off the gas flow.

When we got it home the night before our planned ride it was pouring gas out the carb overflow nonstop. So..we ended up taking the carb apart and discovered they had assembled it incorrectly, jamming the float. we got it put back together correctly at about 11PM and ultimately the bike ran great. So we went up by tarryall resevoir and surrounding areas SAt am, had a great day bombing fire roads since the high country is still pretty buried in snow.. For a guy used riding in the desert it was pretty fun to see Bison, Antelope and Elk all in one ride.

Cheers!

Ded

DED....thanks for the update....glad you got out to ride when you were here.

Maybe with some of the experience you provided on taking the carb/petcock apart your brother in law will figure out he can do this simple stuff himself for much cheaper than a dealer.

I saw that new Grand Prix Motorsports a couple months back as I drove past on C-470. Guess you gotta charge $300 for $50 bucks worth of work to pay for that fancy building.

[Guess you gotta charge $300 for $50 bucks worth of work to pay for that fancy building.

I guess so .....

I've known my bro in law since I was about 9. (40+ years now) Totally awesome guy, but he tends to let mechanical stuff just go till it breaks. BUT Beggars can't be choosers, and we had a great day. it was fun to contrast the XR4 with my buddies 450X. BIkes have improved a LOT over the years...