Sign in to follow this  

05 KX250 911 call

I lost my manual on the laptop. I'm in the middle of going the 250's forks.

Can anyone tell me the level of oil in the forks. I have a oil level gauge/syphon.

Also rear shock level please.

Sappers, PM me. I have a manual on my other laptop from when i had my kx 250 i'll send it to you if you want. I think the manual covers up through 05, I used it when I did the bottom end on my 05 anyways.

Meant to say PM me your email so I can email the file!, sorry.

hi, 100-110 mm from top of fork to top of oil in fork with spring out should be good, rear i'am not sure but i think you fill the shock full and let the rest pore out when you re assemble the shock,

hi, 100-110 mm from top of fork to top of oil in fork with spring out should be good, rear i'am not sure but i think you fill the shock full and let the rest pore out when you re assemble the shock,

Forks are 2 chamber. takes certain amount. I believe it was 300cc. rear shock not sure.

The inner cartrige gets filled then bled. The outer chamber gets 280-320ml. The shock gets filled to a certain level then bled, about 1/2 a liter or so.

I've come to find out the inner chamber only needs oil change about every other time the outer does. I'm doing a spring change on both bikes. I still have the manual for the 125, but it only goes up to 04 for 250, Different forks and shock. The rear shock gets filled to a certain level. I just can't remember what it is.

I let these go for a little too long. Oil was so nasty.

Stock is 300ml in the outer tube of the forks. I run 270 in mine with no issues.

The instructions for the shock in the PDF you have are fine to use. You fill the shock to 60-70mm from the end of the gas reservoir.

I don't remember what bike, but the oil in there smelled like rotten barn yard.

Jeekinz, Can you tell me level for the shock tube? The gas res. get filled enough for the bladder to be put in and be full of oil. The shock tube is the one that has to be down a certain mm.

Damn i need my SERVICE MANUAL!!!! Pay attention newbies. LOL. I feel like a newb.:thumbsup:

Sappers, sending you an email now with attatchment. Hope the thing has what you need. I used it for my 05 when I did the motor. Was really busy today with school (finals push) and then went and got a new Green bike!:thumbsup::confused:

Sappers, you have had the bike for quite a while, go ahead and buy a manual. How many times have you needed an actual 2005 - 2008 KX250 manual and not had it? That means actual times, not just the number of times you have come on here asking for manual related stuff. :thumbsup:

Sappers, you have had the bike for quite a while, go ahead and buy a manual. How many times have you needed an actual 2005 - 2008 KX250 manual and not had it? That means actual times, not just the number of times you have come on here asking for manual related stuff. :thumbsup:

Well he's got one now! haha, Emailed him a PDF manual. Figured somebody has some use for it, and now that I think about it that covers the 125 too, so i'm glad I never deleted the file when I sold the bike.

Well he's got one now! haha, Emailed him a PDF manual. Figured somebody has some use for it, and now that I think about it that covers the 125 too, so i'm glad I never deleted the file when I sold the bike.

haha to you too, sir - wrong manual

I had a PDF on my laptop, but never saved it to my external hdd. After a reboot, I lost it. Thought I had it on the ext hdd. This time I won't forget to transfer it.

Thanks fellas.

Hey all, I am also looking for the 05+ manual. Please note I do have the paper version but I am currently using my 03 - 05 PDF manual while at the track or away from my house. I would love to have the 05+ PDF to refer to (on my mobile) while away from my paper manual

cheers