Sign in to follow this  

Drz400s... $250

So I was cruising CL when I came across this deal. When I first checked the ad it said all it needs is a wiring harness because it got stolen and torn up a bit. So I was like heck yeah give it to me. But after TEXTING which we all know is effective form of communication I learned that it is missing the rear plastics, lights, has the harness torn up, and no title. Now at 250 bucks for a 2001 I could probably part it out for more than that if I choose not to take it but it is the size that I was looking to get. It seems like it could be pretty decent. He said it would cost 600 to get looking like it ought to but would run with only 50 in the harness (I bet I can do it cheaper by waiting). I'm selling my XR250 as well so any comparison to that bike would be great.

I want opinions! And lots of them. Might go and check it out tomorrow and get it.

It was but the owner got it back. However I don't know how this feller can prove that it wasn't him that stole it. Except that he offered to have a cop meet us there to do a vin number search.

Still stolen. The real owner would have the title. The third thief that bought it would not. You should report is as stolen and let the cops do thier thing, if they will.

Just have him go with you to the DMV if ya go ahead with the purchase. Title transfer will go easier, and if it's stolen, you'll know by then.

Hard to tell what shape the motor is in if ya can't run it.

Good luck!

Still stolen. The real owner would have the title. The third thief that bought it would not. You should report is as stolen and let the cops do thier thing, if they will.

I didn't have the title to either of the bikes I bought brand new, I never paid state taxes so I only had a non transferable MSO :thumbsup:

but yeah I wouldn't buy it without having the vin number ran

I went ahead and passed on it. Could have been an awesome deal but not worth it. Usually just means that there is something else better down the road. I actually found two bikes that I think I'd like better anyway a 93' XR600 and then a fella with a 96' 400. Going to check out the 400 first and then the 600. The guy with the 600 wants 1300 for it and not sure about the 400.