Sign in to follow this  

530 worn clutch cover fix...powdercoating time!

My clutch cover was getting pretty worn looking after 132hrs of use so I decided a powdercoat job was in order to freshen it up a bit. I headed over to StuckinMud's house and we had it powdercoated minitex black in no time. I added the orange paint into the recessed areas to finish it off. Came out looking pretty sweet. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm....That water pump cover might look good in black also :confused:

Hodakaguy

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

I would screw that up! LOL Looks awesome! Wanna do mine?

I mentioned the thought of making a batch to my buddy and he is thinking about making a batch of them...some $ plus your old cover in trade. We'll have to wait and see if he decides to make up a batch.

We used a lot of the Minitex black on a GS build we did a couple years back (link here to the build http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286318) and it holds up very well to wear. It should stay looking great for a long time.

Hodakaguy

That looks really good. I have a friend that does powdercoating I might have to give him mine along with some other stuff. What did you use for the orange paint like testors model stuff and a little brush?

That looks really good. I have a friend that does powdercoating I might have to give him mine along with some other stuff. What did you use for the orange paint like testors model stuff and a little brush?

Yep I went to the hobby store and picked up some matching orange paint and a super small brush. The trick is to drip in the paint and let it spread out on it's own. Keep feeding it until it flows evenly and fills in all the corners etc. A hypodermic needle would actually work great for filling in recessed parts....don't have any friends that are druggies so I had to use the brush :smirk:

Hodakaguy

Looks super nice!

I would be very curious to see how it holds up to say...a 75 mile ride on Table Mtn.

I tend to rub my toes on the ignition/clutch cover constantly from toeing my boots in.

Looks great! Would like to do this too.

What foot pegs and skid plate do you have on your bike?

Thanks.

The pegs are Fastways, absolutely love these pegs! The skid plate is a Works Connection unit, very well built and offers excellent coverage :smirk:.

Hodakaguy

A couple questions sir,

if I do this to both of the cases and the water pump case, will I need any gaskets for any of the 3 sites?? I plan on doing this on my next oil change. thanks in advance... ur bike is amazing looking... :lol::ride::worthy::lol: