Sign in to follow this  

Anyone converted a PWC trailer into a bike(flatbed) trailer?

Hello!

I have a PWC trailer(long base version) which I want to convert into a flatbed, so I can carry two KTM's(300 & 85). I'm going to remove the bunks and the winch and I'm planning to lay down a sheet of metal steel.

What material do you guys recommend to complete this project? Did anyone did this before? Are there pics available?

Thanks in advance!

I have a converted boat trailer. Just plywood and 1/4" Stainless. Only put the stainless on because we had it, I wouldn't recommend it too expensive and heavy.

I did the same type of project but I cut the frame and squared off the trailer. Then I added 2x2 angle iron sides with tiedown points and built a flip down ramp on the back. Haven't gotten around to adding decking yet though. I think I might have to finish my project now lol haven't had a need for it since I got my enclosed. Good luck with yours!

I converted a PWC trailer into a 3 rail.

Graphics6.jpg

Graphics7.jpg

P4140004.jpg

those wheels are pimpin'

I went full Whiskey Tango and got some angle iron and plywood. 1000's of miles. Wish it had the bigger wheels but tucked them under, harbor freight loading ramps, and within the 1300 gvw with 3 xr400's!!!

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

i have a pwc trailer with a 2 rail and you can keep the rails when a jetski is on it. i can get a pic if you would like.

just finished mine. it was a double wc trailer i had givento me .made a angle iron frame and used 2x8 treated for the deck. the deck is 7 1/2 x 10 . works great for my quad and 2 bikes