09 KX450F - how do you like it?

I'm stumped guys. I posted in the what to buy but didnt really get a response.

09 KX450F with 70 hours, brand new top end and cam chain with 0 hours, new plastics, everything else in good shape, suspension been done, been raced Pro class.

vs

08 CRF 450, 8 hours, mint, SSS suspension, hindle full exhaust..

Can anyone help here? I just want to go with the new EFI technology. I've been a Honda guy ever since I've had my 04+ 450's, but have had many KX 250's.

Thx for help. :thumbsup:

i wish i could make a comparison of the two but coming from a roadracing background i just got my '09 a month ago and have only been able to ride on the dirt 5 or 6 times. this is my first mx bike and have only been on the dirt those 5 or 6 times. nothing like starting your motocross riding at 42. all i can say is i LOVE this bike. it feels great, rides great, has a ton of power, and i can barely contain myself when i go riding and when i'm done. wish i could help more but i'm definitely a huge supporter of my KX.

Similar price?

The 08 CRF is a sweet handling bike. KX can get there, but typically more effort. If not for your EFI wish, I'd say go the CRF with 8 hrs on it? Just 8 hrs??

Ya the bike is pretty much brand new. The guy who owned a race team broke his foot real bad on his 250 and sold his 450. The price is the same, 4500$.

Yes, im in Canada. bikes are more expensive here.

I really like my 09 kx450 but the 08 crf450 is great. In fact MXA mag said that the 08 CRF would have won the 09 shoot out. The honda is at least as good as the 09 KX450 and is better than any of the new Hondas. Yes I've ridden a few and raced against alot of the Hondas. In my Opinion.

I really like my 09 kx450 but the 08 crf450 is great. In fact MXA mag said that the 08 CRF would have won the 09 shoot out. The honda is at least as good as the 09 KX450 and is better than any of the new Hondas. Yes I've ridden a few and raced against alot of the Hondas. In my Opinion.

This is right on the money. I own an '09 KX450F and have ridden an '08 CRF450R on the track. All the Honda requires to be great is the forks reworked and it sounds like that has already been done. I came away from a test ride telling my buddy that it was the best motocross bike I had ever ridden. Within one lap I was going faster than on my own (at the time) '07 KX450F. The '09 KX needs 22mm-offset triple clamps to be in the same ballpark and is then also a great bike but that Honda with only 8 hours on it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Never owned a crf450, but my 2009 kx450f runs so smooth, fuel injection is great.

I have no experience on the Honda, and only about 6 hours on my '10 kx. I absolutely love my bike. The power is amazing, it works extremely well. But, compared to my riding buddy's 09 yz450f, the handling pales in comparison.

I don't race, I just dick around. I enjoy going through corners with the back end loose, I enjoy jumping and runnning berms all non-competitively and I'm still considering buying new triple clamps to make it that much more enjoyable. It'd take this bike from a 95% to a 99.5% on my satisfaction scale...

Loved my 09 Kx450. Power was there in any rpm range, pulled like a freight train.

No issues with the handling or suspension once I got it dialed in for my riding style.

I've ridden a 07 CRF450 as well, full exhaust+wmri revalving for the suspension. Bike was amazing; think either choice would make you happy. If you trust who rebuilt the top end on the Kx and it looks good mechanically, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

if the honda truly has 8 hours it is the way to go. im a kawi guy and rode both that year honda is the best this is a no brainer. it only has 8 hours, i wouldnt buy a bike with 70 hours thats when i sell them.

Thanks guys.

Picking up the 08 CRF next week when he is back from Vacation. Will post pics soon.