2010 Husaberg FE390. Engine won't idle down.

I have noticed after riding for a bit that if I rev the engine while sitting, that it will not idle back down and stays spun up. I have no previous FI experience. Does anyone know what this might be indicating>

Thanks

Check to make sure you have no routing issues with your cables and you have the proper freeplay in the throttle.If that is fine then you can adjust the idle speed,adjuster is on the LH side of the FI body.not really that easy to see or turn,but it is there.

Also make sure the idle speed adjuster is not pulled out. Normally you pull it out to increase the idle speed to start the engine when it is cold. Push and pull to see where it is currently set. Make sure it is all the way in when you ride.

I assume you have checked your throttle tube assembly to make sure it is clean and not binding on anything (such as a hand guard).

Check to make sure you have no routing issues with your cables and you have the proper freeplay in the throttle.If that is fine then you can adjust the idle speed,adjuster is on the LH side of the FI body.not really that easy to see or turn,but it is there.

Meant to reply back awhile ago. I checked the routing and turned the idle down. Don't remember this happening when I first picked up the bike, but turning the idle down seems to have been the solution. Thanks! :ride:

Meant to reply back awhile ago. I checked the routing and turned the idle down. Don't remember this happening when I first picked up the bike, but turning the idle down seems to have been the solution. Thanks! :ride:

Like my 2011 TE511 the EFI is "adaptive". What you can do is unhook and battery for over a minute and it will reset all the parameters. After doing this it will revert back to the stock map that is not modified by the adaptive setup. Might fix the issue. Seems my bike runs better if i do this about every 300 miles or so. You can also reset the TPS doing this. Unplug the bat, let it stay disconnected for a couple minutes. Hook it back up, turn on the key if it has one without touching the throttle and then with the engine off roll the throttle to full stop and then back to zero. Turn the key off and then back on and start it up. this should clear and adaptive settings and zero the TPS. Might help. Kind of like a PC reboot, clean sheet start.

Also, if it was a new bike ... then it is normal for the rpm to start to climb as everything starts breaking in and loosening up. You simply back off the idle a bit as this happens.

Cheers! E-Ticket