Sign in to follow this  

xr100 rebuilds

I have a partial 94 xr100 that I'm rebuilding slowly through ebay and others. I need a rear wheel assembly and have access to an 83 xr100 rear wheel assembly. I know the wheels are different, my question is whether an 83 xr100 wheel assembly can be adapted to fit a 94 xr100. can be adapted to fit? Any help would be appreciated.

You can buy a complete new OE wheel ass'y cheaper than $185. No, you can't adapt the 83 to fit 94.

PM Settintrendz on thumpertalk, he has a 'few' he'd be willing to part with. I think he's in Cali so shipping shouldn't be too poisonous.

Maybe I miss wrote. I'm looking for the entire wheel...hub, rim brake assembly. I have been quoted over $600.00 for the wheel from a Honda dealer. If you know a place where I can get new, cheaper let me know what the store is and maybe their phone number. Especially if it's in Canada. I'll get it shipped out west still cheaper than $600.00.

I got to thinking afterwards that really all I have to worry about shoud be the distance between the frame arms where you bolt the wheel on, Right? After all I'm not trying to combine two different wheels just bolt a complete wheel onto my bike. The only thought I had now might be the sprocket and will the sprocket teeth match the front sprocket. Correct me if I'm wrong. Take the chain off, remove the two retaining nuts and there you have the wheel. Shouldn't that fit?

Rick

Maybe I miss wrote. I'm looking for the entire wheel...hub, rim brake assembly. I have been quoted over $600.00 for the wheel from a Honda dealer. If you know a place where I can get new, cheaper let me know what the store is and maybe their phone number. Especially if it's in Canada. I'll get it shipped out west still cheaper than $600.00.

I got to thinking afterwards that really all I have to worry about shoud be the distance between the frame arms where you bolt the wheel on, Right? After all I'm not trying to combine two different wheels just bolt a complete wheel onto my bike. The only thought I had now might be the sprocket and will the sprocket teeth match the front sprocket. Correct me if I'm wrong. Take the chain off, remove the two retaining nuts and there you have the wheel. Shouldn't that fit?

Rick

The brake hubs and stays are different 83 vs. 94 (84 being the year of cut off). Not to mention that the early XR uses a cush drive where the later XR mounts the sprocket direct (different spacers). You could probably make it work but it'd be a real dogs breakfast.

Talk to Settintrendz, (aka Adam) last I spoke with him he had a 'dozen' or so clean XR100 rear wheel assemblies he'd be more than willing to part with, affordably:bonk:.

Rob.

i was able to adapt an 80's wheel to my 02, if i remember correctly i had to mix n match the axle and spacers

i was able to adapt an 80's wheel to my 02, if i remember correctly i had to mix n match the axle and spacers

85 & up is a direct bolt on.