VDLaar Kit

Well, I finally got the details from them. Looks to be a darn good finished product. Different options for non-EU to save on shipping. They got RaceTech to make the front fender to match the 2-smoke triple clamp holes. I'll post the full detail tomorrow, unless someone else wants to do the honors.

I got the email too. The kit looks very well done. The final revision of the tank looks really good too. The kit is quite pricey though. I would like to get my hands on a tank only. The rest of the kit could probably be pieced together fairly easily with 250f parts and a little effort to fabricate the subframe and radiator brackets.

What does the tank look like this time around?

Details? Interested in the tank and Shrouds

Here are the bike pictures VD Laar sent me. They also sent me a Word document containing all the kit info, pricing and contact info. The Word doc also includes pictures of individual parts. Im not sure what the rules are about posting that kind of stuff so I will hold off (Im also not sure how to link a Word doc).

kitLR2011demos567.jpg

kitLR2011demos560.jpg

kitLR2011demos574.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks the black and gold looks sick?

I think they all are great. Too bad it is nothing other than sex apeal but really updatest the look.

How much for the full kit or can you post the link to it?

Im with you on the black and gold

Holy.....

White and gold isn't too shabby either!!!!!!!!!

schade%20010.jpg

Wheres the price.... and "buy it now button" ?

...They got RaceTech to make the front fender to match the 2-smoke triple clamp holes...
We should ask Racetech to mold trimmed-down YZ side covers for those that want an updated look on a budget.

What the heck am I sayin'?! Racetech doesn't even have a U.S. distributor! :confused::thumbsup:

Dan, no problem on posting pricing....your not the dealer, so its just information. My guess???? 2000.00

We should ask Racetech to mold trimmed-down YZ side covers for those that want an updated look on a budget.

What the heck am I sayin'?! Racetech doesn't even have a U.S. distributor! :worthy::thumbsup:

I thought you were the U.S. distributor! LOL :confused:

The text from the document:

Finally... they’re here!

The long awaited VdLaarRacing.com and LR Racing Products'

“Rebuild-your-YAMAHA YZ-bike”-kit.

After a lot of developing and testing, and finding the right partners to work with they are finally available: The kits to transform your YZ125 or YZ250 two-stroke into a modern looking high speed motocross race bike. LR Racing Products and VdLaarRacing.com proudly present you some more information about these kits.

Your browser may not support display of this image.

YAMAHA's well known two-strokes are high quality motocross machines. But sadly the looks of the bikes haven't had an update since 2002, so the looks of the bikes are almost unchanged for a decade now. Time for a change we thought! After all, we all want our bike to look good. To give your two-stroke a modern days look we adapted the looks of the current YZ250f onto the YZ bikes. Our kits have all you need to convert your 'outdated' YZ into a mean looking sharp edged modern motocross race bike.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image.

Our standard kit comes with:

- New subframe to bolt onto your own standard main frame (no cutting or welding needed)

- New plastic 8 liter fuel tank (fits both YZ125 and YZ250, black)

- New OEM YZ250f filter box

- New OEM YZ250f seat (choice of color blue/black, gray/black or red/black)

- new set of plastics (Racetech, choice of color white, black, OEM blue/white) including a

front fender with two-stroke bolt pattern to fit your stock triple tree

- New set of radiator braces

- New muffler (PPS)

- New YZ250f mud flap (Racetech)

- New set of bolts and bits needed for conversion

The price of this kit is EUR 1495,- incl. tax for EU-costumers. For non-EU costumers the price is EUR 1260,- Decals and P&P not included.

Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image. Your browser may not support display of this image.

Our export kit comes with:

- New subframe to bolt onto your own standard main frame (no cutting or welding needed)

- New plastic 8 liter fuel tank (fits both YZ125 and YZ250, black)

- New front fender with two-stroke bolt pattern to fit your stock triple tree (Racetech, choice of color

white, black, OEM blue)

- New set of radiator braces

- New YZ250f mud flap (Racetech)

- New set of bolts and bits needed for conversion

The price of our export kit is EUR 995,- for non-EU costumers. As you can see some large items are left out to save on shipping costs. Decals and P&P not included.

Both kits are also available with a 9.4 liter (or bigger on request) aluminum fuel tank at extra costs.

For placing orders please send us an email at: vdlaarracing@hotmail.com

For more information visit our website www.vdlaarracing.com or send an email at vdlaarracing@hotmail.com

For becoming a reseller send your inquiry and company info to vdlaarracing@hotmail.com

$1000 for everything including new custom tank, new sub frame and all the plastics is pretty good. I cringe to think about the shipping though. They should offer an option for over seas customers where they apply the graphics for you since they dont ship it.

Its in EUR. So its probly about 1300 US

So, over $1200 to make your bike look better?

It's about $1750 to $1780 since the dollar is so weak right now shipping prob add bout another $300.

ill pass... Id rather go buy a spare motor or even a spare bike than pay that for a set of plastics and a tank.