Sign in to follow this  

Besr pipe and silencer combo for 2010 yz 250 ?

MY MATE HAS A 2010 250 AND IS WONDERING WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST COMBO FOR OVERALL POWER HE WILL ALSO BE RUNNING VFORCE 3 REEDS ? WHY HE NEEDS MORE POWER FROM IT IS BEYOND ME ITS BALLISTIC AS IS :thumbsup:

DEP makes a great set-up. Broader powerband, yet makes more power. I coudl take or leave the rest.

Consider using the v force as a paper weight for improved performance.

DEP,I rode with mine yesterday and its 10x better than my PC works pipe. It makes the 250 feel really "hyper" and has power everywhere.

I ran a Pc platinum two with a pc shorty.

V force reeds I think give you a good throttle response. And I think they make everything smooth.

As for the pipe, as said above the dep system is a very good system.

I really think he should stock with the stock system. From what I hear, the stock pipe is very hard to beat. Yamaha has this bike dialed in, and from my experience, the bike is very hard to "Improve" powewise.

Sorry I got an 07 but they are pretty much the same.

Isn't the Australian market bike the same bike us yanks get in 2011? Meaning it has the longer silencer? I'm a DEP/ FMF Q Stealth guy. But us woods guys are weird.

Isn't the Australian market bike the same bike us yanks get in 2011? Meaning it has the longer silencer? .

I think they are the same

I ran a Pc platinum two with a pc shorty.

V force reeds I think give you a good throttle response. And I think they make everything smooth.

As for the pipe, as said above the dep system is a very good system.

I really think he should stock with the stock system. From what I hear, the stock pipe is very hard to beat. Yamaha has this bike dialed in, and from my experience, the bike is very hard to "Improve" powewise.

Stock setup is my 2nd choice. I lost no bottom end power with the DEP/PC 304 combo (but didn't gain any) gained great mid range and a lot more overrev. If you want something with more bottom end, get the PC pipe.

Ordered my DEP today to replace the stock 06 pipe which I blew a hole out at the top spring mount.

Going to give it a go with a pc shorty silencer.

Has anyone gone up on the main jet when using the DEP?

If youre in Australia get a HGS pipe & muffler from Cisco's. He has dyno tested ALL of them . HGS were best.