Sign in to follow this  

2005 kx250 vs 2005 yz250

I was originally just going to try to get a yz250 but there are a couple good deals on 2005 kx250's and only one yz250 and its not that good of a deal. I'm thinking that I will like the yz250 because I just has a yz125 loved the way it handled. I ride woods with single tracks and wide open trails.

IMO I think the yz250 is the way to go. Awesome motor and suspension. But too bad they changed to the SSS suspension in 06. But it's still an excellent bike.

Of the Jap bikes the YZ has about the best 2 stroke motor you can get for that kind of riding. Im biased though.

The yzs are known to have N awesome motor. They are very smooth and they have a ton of bottom end. Again, for singletrack, the yz is going to be your best bet. I rode singletrack with mine and I absolutely love it!!

im a kx guy but the yz is a great bike too. you really cant go wrong with either bike though. if the kx is a better deal then i would get that. it all depends on the condition of the bike. . . heck if there was a nice rm250 and a kinda nice kx250 i would probably get the rm . . . maybe haha good luck

Im a yz 125 guy but will say the KX 250 I rode was nice...I think it was an 04'. The KX has a real strong motor but feels bigger/heavier. The YZ is just great, period. So I would say, if you are over 6' tall either is perfect but if you are smaller (like me), the YZ will feel more comfortable size-wise...you'll see what i mean when you sit on both of them.

YZ all the way I have never been impressed by any Kawasaki. I feel Yamaha has stolen the two stroke trophy, and currently the only 250 two stroke in production today other than KTM.

YZ all the way I have never been impressed by any Kawasaki. I feel Yamaha has stolen the two stroke trophy, and currently the only 250 two stroke in production today other than KTM.

And Husqvarna, and TM, and GasGas, and Husaberg....

Suzuki still makes the RM, but they don't have the sense to sell 'em in the US

I hardley ever see an unbias oppinion on these things. Yamaha people say yamaha is the best, Kawasaki owners say they are the best and so on. My buddy has a 2003 KX 250, and it is a beast of raw power. It handles well and just all around great bike. I know the yamaha's are also very good. Go for the best deal money wise, and the best shape. You can tweak any bike with engine mods and suspension to get it just perfect for you. Don't listen to someone that has only stuck to one brand and does not have many years of riding experience and mechanical experience.

they are both great bikes, id go with the one that is in better shape or cheaper. the only thing i would say is that the 03+ KX's had a smaller cockpit. if youre over 6 foot, the yz may be the better way to go.

I have an 05 kx250 and 02 yz250. I love them both. I prefer riding yz mostly because I am more used to it, but both bikes are amazing bikes and I would not hesitate to get either. I would just look for the best deal and best condition and go with that.

I have an 05 kx250 and 02 yz250. I love them both. I prefer riding yz mostly because I am more used to it, but both bikes are amazing bikes and I would not hesitate to get either. I would just look for the best deal and best condition and go with that.

Both are great, just get the best deal. I have a 2002 KX250 and a 2006 YZ250. I like both very much. The kx has a better woods, singletrack motor (more grunt, but signs off early) you can short shift this bike. The YZ handles much better and feels lighter, but the motor needs to be reved a little more than the KX. Much better for MX or Hare scrambles.

I ride woods with single tracks and wide open trails.

Get a woods bike "IE, 250xc-w"

, and dont look back!

get a 05 rm 250 its the best but if ur so stuck on those go kx they run a little smoother and hit harder:thumbsup:

I just sold my 07 KX250 (same as 05). Great bike with a few mods (V3, Pro Circuit and sometimes FMF). Very aggressive machine which liked to be on the pipe hard. Not much down low with a nasty nice midrange and a good top end. The stock suspension was pretty good but I had the forks modded and the rear suspension linkage changed. It was one of my favorite hillclimb and desert bikes. Very comfortable at high speeds with Fastway pegs in the lo-boy position.

My YZ250 feels 4 stroke like in comparison. I can ride it lazy. It's an 09 and I like the forks even compared to the modded KX. I've put a slightly longer suspension link on the rear and played with the pipes and silencer; currently using the stock expansion chamber and deciding if the stock silencer or PC 304 shorty is the way to go. No matter the gear (currently the equivalent of stock +1 in rear) I can still torque it over most things in comparison to the hyper hard hitting KX. I have pivot pegs and 6mm bar spacers and it fits great.

I guess it comes down to price and feel. Stock vs stock I'd pick a 05 KX vs an 05 YZ. It's a win win with these two options.

I just sold my 07 KX250 (same as 05). Great bike with a few mods (V3, Pro Circuit and sometimes FMF). Very aggressive machine which liked to be on the pipe hard. Not much down low with a nasty nice midrange and a good top end. The stock suspension was pretty good but I had the forks modded and the rear suspension linkage changed. It was one of my favorite hillclimb and desert bikes. Very comfortable at high speeds with Fastway pegs in the lo-boy position.

My YZ250 feels 4 stroke like in comparison. I can ride it lazy. It's an 09 and I like the forks even compared to the modded KX. I've put a slightly longer suspension link on the rear and played with the pipes and silencer; currently using the stock expansion chamber and deciding if the stock silencer or PC 304 shorty is the way to go. No matter the gear (currently the equivalent of stock +1 in rear) I can still torque it over most things in comparison to the hyper hard hitting KX. I have pivot pegs and 6mm bar spacers and it fits great.

I guess it comes down to price and feel. Stock vs stock I'd pick a 05 KX vs an 05 YZ. It's a win win with these two options.

he is right the kx is a mostly mid and up motor