Sign in to follow this  

Sobriety Check Points on Trails

Hello Riders,

Wayne State Forest in Ohio is cracking down on drinking and safety gear due to fatalities stemming from last riding season. They're checking for helmets, eye protection, and setting up sobriety check points on random parts of the trails. Hopefully you're already following these rules, but if you're not you'll eventually get nailed. They'll impound your ride for drinking and a DUI goes on your driver's license!!

Ride Safe!

Nothing more exciting then hammering down a 12 pack, and racing down the trails without a helmet! :thumbsup: Guys just can't have fun anymore!:confused:

"Sarcasum by the way."

In the southwest deserts, I don't know what it is with camping and drinking. If you want to sit by your campfire and get hammered, and deal with the hangover the next morning, that's your business. But when you jump in your buggy and drive, you deserve a DUI and a trip to jail.

Edited by reconranger

Amen! Not only are they a hazard to themself. They are a hazard to everyone around them.

well i dont know about you guys but i like going on long rides and taking a 6 pack with me, its good to stop once in awhile and have a couple of refreshing beers with some good friends, or maybe bring a rod with you n cast a line in for a bit on the way, and to me fishing isnt the same unless you gotta beer in your hand!

:smirk:

but the people who drive over THEIR limit is how accidents happen

I still don't see what the big freaking deal is with just drinking soda. Alcoholic beverages just taste like crap. Soda has no side effects, and tastes better :smirk:

I still don't see what the big freaking deal is with just drinking soda. Alcoholic beverages just taste like crap. Soda has no side effects, and tastes better :smirk:

#1. people have different tastes,

#2. im an adult who works hard and plays harder and like to crack a few when im at my cabin getting away from the city and work

#3. there is no big freaking deal with drinkin soda i bring them on rides too, but id much rather have a satisfying beer

#4. everyone has there own opinions i get it, but these are my opinions

#1. people have different tastes,

#2. im an adult who works hard and plays harder and like to crack a few when im at my cabin getting away from the city and work

#3. there is no big freaking deal with drinkin soda i bring them on rides too, but id much rather have a satisfying beer

#4. everyone has there own opinions i get it, but these are my opinions

Which McKenzie Brother are you, Bob or Doug??? For kids who never heard of "Strange Brew", it's a must see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Brew

They are Canadians, as is CRF. Take off....eh!

Edited by reconranger

My suspision has always been that huge lard a$$ utility quads with automatic transmissions, were invented so rednecks could ride with a beer in their left hand.....I have witnessed this!!!

Edited by reconranger

I still don't see what the big freaking deal is with just drinking soda

You will when you get older.

Well then God intended for the white man's world to end a few hundred years ago. If it wasn't for beer and wine the dark ages would probably have ended society.

Go Beer!

I still don't see what the big freaking deal is with just drinking soda. Alcoholic beverages just taste like crap. Soda has no side effects, and tastes better :ride:

Oooh...well...soda can have one BIG side effect...that stuff that starts jutting out of your sides---f.a.t.

I still don't see what the big freaking deal is with just drinking soda. Alcoholic beverages just taste like crap. Soda has no side effects, and tastes better :ride:

can't agree with you here. Soda is much harder on you than beer.

I agree with some of the others, I love to stick a couple of cold ones in my camel back, but just like everything else...somepeople will over do it and mess it up for all of us.

They allso are doing this at Land between the lakes as well.

Oooh...well...soda can have one BIG side effect...that stuff that starts jutting out of your sides---f.a.t.

Not I sir. I have a very active personality, and am ALWAYS moving. I have RLS and RHS, it's kind of annoying when I'm trying to work, like masking off door jambs and whatnot. I burn off a can of soda in half an hour. I have not changed size or weight in 4 years.

Beer can also make you fat, and it slows down the thought process, as well as destroys brain cells. Beer is worse for you than soda. It also kills oxygen supplying white blood cells, causing many side effects like anaemia, and most importantly it dehydrates your body, which is a bad bad thing when on trail rides. Lack of hydration can cause headaches, low blood pressure, dizziness or even fainting- all of which are not things you would want to happen while you are behind the controls of your machine, especially at high rates of speed.

Really, is consuming alcohol really worth it while riding? I can see while your at home, chilling out, or even at your cabin where you intend to stay for a while, because a small amount of alcohol can actually benefit your heart. One great example is Lemmy Kilmeister of Motorhead. He has a jack and cola each day, his heart is stronger than ever.

And FWIW, I burn around 4000 calories each day, double the average person just simply because I'm so active.

God intended us to drink nice pure water, when we get thirsty!

...would that be Evian,fiji or aqufina.??:thumbsup:

....or maybe God gave us "Free Will"....with responsibility's

Edited by BadBird69

...would that be Evian,fiji or aqufina.??:thumbsup:

....or maybe God gave us "Free Will"....with responsibility's

....and then man's evil nature turns responsibility into irresponsibility. People who DUI will do it again and again, until they end up in jail or end up in jail for killing someone! If they don't get caught, it just reinforces their bad behavior.

....and then man's evil nature turns responsibility into irresponsibility. People who DUI will do it again and again, until they end up in jail or end up in jail for killing someone! If they don't get caught, it just reinforces their bad behavior.

....yep...thanks for reinforcing my point!....:thumbsup:

MN has been doing sobriety checkpoints on the trails for years. They really got started on the sleds (sled trails here go from one bar to the next bar) then morphed over to the summertime trails too.

Funny thing is, I see them always set up on the ATV trails, never see them set up on the single track.....:thumbsup:

One of their favorites is to set up after about 1pm at the entrance back to the parking lot. Gives the slosh-buckets plenty of time to get that BAC pumped up, and they pop them on their way back to the truck. Also makes it easier for the tow trucks, they got plenty of room to load the machines up to take them to the impound lot.