Sign in to follow this  

boyesen supercooler

Hey I have a 2006 rm-z 450 and in the summer when it gets hot out it pours out alot of coolant. Has anyone tried the boyesen supercooler? How effective was it at reducing heat? anyother suggestions would be greatly appreciated, ps it is not a jetting problem my exhaust stays really cool and i can touch the heat shield most of the time.

I have one on my 2-smoker.

It looks supercool.

The machined Boyesen logo must add at least a couple horsepower too. :thumbsup:

Does it do anything? I dunno, I'm worn out before the bike has a chance to get that hot. Couldn't hurt though....

You need to ride faster. Minimum speed has to be 15 mph. If you are trail riding your RMZ, you have the wrong bike.

Sometimes, a waterpump can do a better job of pumping but the differences are minimal.

The name of the game is heat transfer. Small, turbulent passageways in the head and the radiator. Radiator total surface area for shedding the heat. This is a cumulation of coolant tank size, number of tubes and surface are, surface are of fins and method of attachement to the tubes. Then you need air flow.

You need to ride faster. Minimum speed has to be 15 mph. If you are trail riding your RMZ, you have the wrong bike.

Sometimes, a waterpump can do a better job of pumping but the differences are minimal.

The name of the game is heat transfer. Small, turbulent passageways in the head and the radiator. Radiator total surface area for shedding the heat. This is a cumulation of coolant tank size, number of tubes and surface are, surface are of fins and method of attachement to the tubes. Then you need air flow.

I didn't get to ride mine yet because of an injury, but are you saying I should replace the radiators to bigger ones before I even take it out? (Trail ride only.) I can keep the bike moving but 15 mph? Does it need that much if your not racing the motor?