Sign in to follow this  

Washington Wet Duck question

anyone know if the long course will be using single track or will it be on the wide trails so the quads can run it to? The flyer didn't say quads only on the short course, but I am hoping so that way we can get some trail riding in..

Thanks..

I've never done the wet duck, but I would imagine it would be a little of both.

Little Jeff

From what I remember the quads can only do the short course.

Steve

Poker runs in the Tahuya only run on two track trails. This was a suggestion made a couple of years ago by one of the clubs that puts on poker runs there and agreed to by the other club, the Tahuya Focus Group and the DNR.

While no one will deny this takes away something from their events, if you step back and look at this decision from a view of longevity of the quality single track trails in the Tahuya, this was a great decision and sacrifice made by these clubs and really appreciated by the clubs that build them and all of the riders that enjoy them.

If you factor in the fact that in the “old” days we had one club putting on one event there per year and now we have 4 to 5 clubs putting on events there per year, a single track trail that use to last for 15 to 20 years is now getting clapped out in as few as 3 years. Conner Trail is a perfect example.

So support these clubs, ride their events if you enjoy poker runs, and thank them for their decision.

I did a face plant into waist deep water on my 200exc haha :thumbsup:

I did a face plant into waist deep water on my 200exc haha :smirk:

LOL, my son took a swim towards the end of the course too. I don't think I've ever seen that boy jump up that fast before...water must have been COLD:lol:

Nice day for a ride.:smirk: What a change from yesterday. Not much of a hand at least I am consistent. I was in and out quick. Thanks to all that put this event on. Good times. I wore the pink devil duck from Archie Mcphee & Co.

wetduck5152011.jpg

Derick

I think this was the young man I also stopped to help. I shut off my bike and leaned it against a tree. Afterward my engine decided that it was my turn to make the wheels turn and I had to push it out from there. Thank you to the TMC members who hauled me in off the Spillman Road.

My little dude (7yrs old) did the whole short course on a Z50 and didn't swim once. He's a trooper! :smirk:

Big thanks to TMC for a great event and treating him so well at the finish!

I think this was the young man I also stopped to help. I shut off my bike and leaned it against a tree. Afterward my engine decided that it was my turn to make the wheels turn and I had to push it out from there. Thank you to the TMC members who hauled me in off the Spillman Road.

I saw you out their on your unique bike, hope she runs better next time! :smirk:

I did the spring fling this weekend at capital. Was nice. They should have done them on different weekends. Was sloppy wet there too

I am glad we found you dutch and to the little guy on the z 50 we had to get him something he did awesome.It kinda a bummer about no single track anymore but I am glad everyone showed up.A big thank you from the tacoma motorcycle club and see ya next year or at dino daze at riverdale racewayon june 3rd and 4th again thank you

Greg H

My little dude (7yrs old) did the whole short course on a Z50 and didn't swim once. He's a trooper! :smirk:

Nice! You not only have a tough little dude there, but probably a pretty decent rider as well. I would like to see some adults try to ride Tahuya (even the 2 track) with 10" wheels. :prof: It's tough with those little wheels man. They feel EVERYTHING. Glad Tacoma MC took care of him. :smirk:

I had a blast...THANKS

Seem to have the A game in the rain and it's nice not to worry bout head-on's on the 2 track :smirk:

That little dude is my nephew and he's all awesome all the time! This time last year his style consisted of heavy throttle rocketing from crash site to crash site...he'd just bounce off the trees and rocks and keep going! Now he has a bit more finesse to his game but still does not fear the throttle! A couple more years and a larger bike he'll have to head for romaniacs! :smirk::banana: