Sign in to follow this  

Larger tank for 2011 Betas

Just saw on gnccracing.com , under Breaking News in the Mullins leads stacked field box. A picture of Chris Bachs larger tank. Looks like a ball cruncher , ( don't need another one of those) wonder if thats the protype for the larger tank that are suppose to be on the way. So much for the Betas sexy looks. Heard the new tanks are being made by Clarke Mfg. Checked their website, nothing listed for betas but mybe they will be something like the one for the newer Ktms. Oh well I guess we'll just have to wait ( some more ) and see.

Chris's tank is a one off hand built tank. Not a Clarke or even facsimile thereof.

Thats good news,(knew it wasn't a Clarke) Glad my Baby won't have to loose her sexy Italian looks. Maybe. Still there's not alot of places to stick an extra gallon of gas. 100_3041.jpg

Looks like the only place would be up??

Good luck Chris, we'll be there rooting 4 ya!

Chris raced a local HS close by this location in March...it was a real mud fest.

There was some controversy on who won. John Machineo (sp) a legend for Indiana Pro racers came in 1st and was about 8 mins ahead of 2nd place Chris.

Latter on I saw that they docked Machineo a lap (which put him to 4th and Chris with the win.

I know John and he is one of the most honest/clean guys in sport and have a hard time seeing him do anything outside the edge of a good race.

But, what I'm getting at is Chris knows the terrain of that area and should be well ready. i look for a top 5, maybe even top 3 if he don't have bad luck. Maybe the overall if everything is right and goes his way.

ps...if it is a mud fest and Machino shows up and runs in the pro class it may prove interesting. He is king of the mud runs and he also knows the ground. It would be something to have a privateer do some smokin. Go John & Chris!

We are to get almost 1" of rain between now and Sunday afternoon, if that is the case (and it happens) the mud runners will have the advantage as it won't take much for the track to fall apart with how wet it has been.

Just saw on gnccracing.com , under Breaking News in the Mullins leads stacked field box. A picture of Chris Bachs larger tank. Looks like a ball cruncher , ( don't need another one of those) wonder if thats the protype for the larger tank that are suppose to be on the way. So much for the Betas sexy looks. Heard the new tanks are being made by Clarke Mfg. Checked their website, nothing listed for betas but mybe they will be something like the one for the newer Ktms. Oh well I guess we'll just have to wait ( some more ) and see.

Any update on a larger tank for the Beta's?

Greg

Clarke says that the new tank for the Betas will be out any day now as they had just completed the molds for the new tank.

Clarke says that the new tank for the Betas will be out any day now as they had just completed the molds for the new tank.

They have been saying that for a while now. The only way they will get off their keesters and build it is if you bug them. Everyone who owns a Beta should be calling once a week and asking when the tank will be available. It's that squeaky wheel thing if you know what I mean!

I think its Beta , American Beta and the dealers that better be grinding that squeaky wheel, non stop. In my opinion the lack of fuel range is something that could hurt sales. As I said in a previous post , my riding buddies have threatened not to ride with me if I dont get the fuel thing figured out and I'm only willing to pack so mch gas and dont like packing any. Also whatever they come up with better ( work well Obviously ) look good. Cause for a novice rider ( me ) if you put the 400rr toe to toe with the 400xcw the Beta wins out because of it's goods looks.

Can somebody post pics of new clarke tank please ?

THANKS

tried but because I just joined today , its not letting me open the file with pics. someone post it here please.

i tried , but because I just joined today, it's not letting me open file with pic. Someone please post here

i tried , but because I just joined today, it's not letting me open file with pic. Someone please post here

Send me your username and I will get you activated. I now have to activate all new users manually because of spamers.

Yes I have to agree , a Fail for the first attempt. As far as looks I wouldnt run this on my bike, and would really want to feel how it performed for me on my bike before I paid for it. Right , who's gonna let ou do that? but realistically how ya gonna know. Pray Beta comes up with their own fast They obviousy understand that stiling counts , not as much as performance , but right up there.