Sign in to follow this  

opinion: anyone used a ktm FMF slip on ?

opinion: anyone used a ktm FMF slip on ? how much lighter than stock? noticable increase in grunt? Wondering what diff between this one and other FMF systems ..slip_on.png

I have an 09 250 XCFW has 14hrs on it, it has stock jetting, there is a slight pause coming off of idle, some say that is the characteristics of this motor, it almost seems to be lean down low, once the revs get up off of idle it seems to be ok. but you ask about he above silencer, my buddy left his bike in my garage, while he went to Glen Helen this weekend to see the GP series of motocross, I took the pipe off his bike same as mine except it has the 280cc kit. the bike with the pipe did show the same bottom end slight pause, mid was a bit stronger along with some very slight power on top, as for saying WOW No! for me to say as of now, I don't think I will spend that kind of money. don't expect to load your underwear when you hit the throttle, I would like to see or hear from someone who did the complete FMF system and what they thought of the overall power especially down low. I am going to take my buddy's bike for a ride with the 280 kit and see if the bike pulls better down low.

Chet

opinion: anyone used a ktm FMF slip on ? how much lighter than stock? noticable increase in grunt? Wondering what diff between this one and other FMF systems ..slip_on.png

I will say if it is lighter than stock, I can't feel it, maybe I should weigh it.

Chet

I have one on my 08 250sxf and my buddy had an 07 250sxf with an FMF 4.1 and megabomb header. His definitly had more grunt down low but around mid range to top end he was equal with what my bike put out. Never rode a stock one though.

but apples to apples... this ktm/fmf comes with 2 different inserts so i guess depends which one is being used.. the MX one or the SA one.

I will say if it is lighter than stock, I can't feel it, maybe I should weigh it.

Chet

sure throw them on the scale. I had a DRZ 400 a few yrs ago, then upgraded to a bigun full exhaust. Night aand day, plus several pounds lighter

Hmmm.. Didn't I read on here somewhere, FMF makes the exhaust systems that come stock on our bikes??

Other than the Powerbomb, I can't really see them producing anything thats really leaps & bounds over what they're already making for KTM as a stock unit..

SoCal

You may have read it somewhere but it ain´t the truth.

Ok.... Then who makes them??

SoCal

I weighed mine. Had one off my 450 and it bolted up to my 350. 1.1lbs lighter than the stock 350 can. I put a larger spark arrester with a biger diamater hole on it and it seemed to make better power. I have no idea what part number the biggere sparkie was, but is was off the fmf site for another can. Made it slightly louder when on the gas, but I register 96db with it so all is good.