Sign in to follow this  

My 1st rekluse install

Starting on my 1st rekluse install today and started snapping pics on the way. Ill probably need yalls help anyway.:thumbsup:

09 KX450F

Used Rekluse Core EXP

5ssfxeh4_original.jpg

DX5vMRov_original.jpg

Removed cover and brake pedal.

5ba35ed4.jpg

Edited by 125Powerstroke

I believe that is the OLD version of the Core EXP clutch. Might want to check with Rekluse about that..... The new ones have a different EXP unit with only three bolts on each side.

I could be wrong.

It is, I bought it back when they only had 1 version of the exp. I'm going to get in touch with them tommorow and see if I can use stock nut.

Cool.

Don't you have the new exp? Minus the clutch cover? Is there any difference? I know they used to tout the old exp was for racers and trails. Where the zstart was not good for racers.

I don't feel like putting the bike back together right now will it be fine laying on it's side for the night.

Edited by 125Powerstroke

Don't you have the new exp? Minus the clutch cover? Is there any difference? I know they used to tout the old exp was for racers and trails. Where the zstart was not good for racers.

I don't feel like putting the bike back together right now will it be fine laying on it's side for the night.

I have the EXP 2.0. It is the CORE EXP, without any replacement clutch parts or clutch cover. It works well.

Was that an adjustable spanner that I spotted at the bottom of the 3rd pic....shame

I race and use the Z Start Pro , not had any problems with it since installed over 100 hrs ago .

Something to save a little hassle. You can depress the brake pedal, and put a T-handle allen wrench in the swing arm hollow. Saves removing it.

Was that an adjustable spanner that I spotted at the bottom of the 3rd pic....shame

I busted the thandle off my T Allen wrench and had to put the adjustable on the handle. The brake nut was a b**** over tightened.