Niche stators?

I came accost these stators on ebay. They are a canadian company and the offer a stator that looks identical to the electrosport esl380. I am wondering if they are in fact made by electrosport or another company. Has anyone used them? Are they any good? They are a third of the price of the electrosport unit.

Google is your friend.

A bunch of people have the same question and one has answered.

From what I found, it is not identical to a Electrosport stator (who is out of business and the assets and name bought by Baja Designs, I think). It appears to be a Chinese product. Nothing is free and you often get what you pay for. If you get one, best of luck with the warranty. Personally, I'd get a Ricky Stator or OEM. Ricky is a regular TTer.

Or buy a spool of magnet wire and do it yourself :thumbsup:

Google is your friend.

From what I found, it is not identical to a Electrosport stator (who is out of business and the assets and name bought by Baja Designs, I think). It appears to be a Chinese product. Nothing is free and you often get what you pay for. If you get one, best of luck with the warranty. Personally, I'd get a Ricky Stator or OEM. Ricky is a regular TTer.

Unfortunately last time i tried to contact ricky stator they told me I was SOL with trying to get a lighting stator on my yz250f.

addition- I spoke with the salesman for Niche and I was told they get there stators from the same supplier as electrosport. He was honest and stated yes they have seen some failures but that do stand behind them and will warranty them within the one year time frame.

Or buy a spool of magnet wire and do it yourself :thumbsup:

From what i have heard after talking to my local alternator rebuild shop. The 4 pole internal stators are a bear to get rewound correctly and with the proper voltage etc. They told me im better off buying a unit.

Google is your friend.

Looks like electrosport is still running, http://www.electrosport.com/. 66 Maxwell

Irvine, CA 92618

USA

Phone: (949) 748-6338

Fax: (949) 748 6339

I know that BajaD bought a bunch of their dual sport parts and they are now the Acewell distributers. Give Trent a call I am sure he can help you out.

Electrosport was bought by ProCom Engineering, and is run at the Irvine address you posted above. Trent still works there and does great work.

Baja Designs did buy the majority of Electrosports' dual sport part inventory as ES discontinued their dual sport kit/lighting line. Baja Designs also is the new Acewell distributor for the US.