Freak Accident - *Chopped Finger*

So...had me a bit of an accident 2 weeks ago racing in Dillon, Montana...

Was racing in my 2nd +30 Pro moto running mid pack after nailing the gate for the first time ever. It was the first lap, and I had picked off 3 riders.

About 3/4 of the way into the first lap, the track crew through down some water in a corner right before our moto. It was a very very slow corner, but caught me by surprise and I had a tip over.

I procedded to try and pick up my bike, but my glove was caught between the ground and my handle bar...had to pick up my bike with my off hand. Once I got on the bike, I noticed my clutch hand wasnt working right. I looked down to see a small tear in my glove and too a peak in...to my surprise the top 3/4 of an inch of my ring finger was gone! Well...the rest is history...couldnt save the finger and this is what she looks like now!

Finger1.jpg

Finger2.jpg

That sucks. I feel your pain, I was at the Jimmy Weinert MX Camp the week of 4-18-11. First day, I hit a double that went into a tight turn, and washed out in some mud. I went down on my left side and my leg went the wrong way. To make a long story short, I had to have reconstructive bone surgery on my tibia at the top below knee. My bone shattered and split in two and fell in my leg. They had to open up my leg almost 10 inches and put me back together. 5 screws and a metal plate. I'm out for season and bed ridden. I'm sorry you are missing part of your finger though, you might have gotten a worse deal then me since that is forever. Keep up your spirits. Iwish you well.

Thanks man...

You too..at least my entire summer isnt screwed. 6 weeks and I should be back in business. I can be that freaky old guy now without a finger. Haha..

Take care, its always the slow strange crashes that get me too...

I think you will have more of a hard time trying to type on this computer, than riding your motor-sickle now. Take care.

oh man! That sucks! Sorry to here that bro, hopefully you will get all healed up soon... Pit Posse makes an easy pull clutch mechanism...

wow, that sucks, talk about a freak accident, what in the world cut it? the end of the bar?........... heal up soon :thumbsup:

same happened to my nephew, they sewed his finger to his palm though for @ 6 weeks and it is all good now

sorry to hear about yours tho man

get well and back in the saddle soon

Thanks guys...yeah, the bar punched through the grip and pinned my finger to the ground. Everything had to be perfect for it to get cut off. Typing is a bitch for sure! Haha...hunt and peck with my left hand and type normal with my right! Haha...6 weeks and the Dr said I should be good to go...

damn dude thats rough. Think positive, coulda been the whole finger. You'll adjust

Sorry about your luck. Crashed 4 weeks ago @ Baja Acres. Fractured 3 ribs, punctured a lung. 3 days in the Hospital. Get back to riding soon. Good Luck.

So the handle bar end cut the finger off?

Was the grip stuck through the bars?

I am sorry to hear about the finger, I am sure it wont slow you down any. I recently dislocated my thumb, and it really brings home how important your hands are. Have you ever ran barkbusters? Take it easy:ride:

I am sorry to hear about the finger, I am sure it wont slow you down any. I recently dislocated my thumb, and it really brings home how important your hands are. Have you ever ran barkbusters? Take it easy:ride:

I have hurt my thumb as well, it is a painful SLOW healing injury.

Thanks fella's for the support! I should be back going in another 4 weeks. I strongly suggest you dont try this at home!

Best of luck bro

could be worse, a friend of mine (very good rider btw) fell and his hand got stuck between the sprocket and the chain, result, 3 fingers gone...

he can't ride anymore, sometimes he rides a quad, but that's difficult too

Brother of CaveMike lost entire hand hunting woolly mammoth. Later, him die. Glad you going to be okay. Look weird now though.