Freak accident *Chopped Finger Pic*

So...had me a bit of an accident 2 weeks ago racing in Dillon, Montana...

Was racing in my 2nd +30 Pro moto running mid pack after nailing the gate for the first time ever. It was the first lap, and I had picked off 3 riders.

About 3/4 of the way into the first lap, the track crew through down some water in a corner right before our moto. It was a very very slow corner, but caught me by surprise and I had a tip over.

I procedded to try and pick up my bike, but my glove was caught between the ground and my handle bar...had to pick up my bike with my off hand. Once I got on the bike, I noticed my clutch hand wasnt working right. I looked down to see a small tear in my glove and too a peak in...to my surprise the top 3/4 of an inch of my ring finger was gone! Well...the rest is history...couldnt save the finger and this is what she looks like now!

Finger1.jpg

Finger2.jpg

Awesome!!! Errr I mean sorry man. You can make different attachments for your finger like a knife blade, a fork maybe a screw driver. You can have yourself a Swiss army finger!

I agree, post your mods as you go.

damn thats pretty gnarly! hope you have a speedy recovery!

Your doctor wears a sweet bow tie.lol

I hope you have a speedy recover. What a freak thing to happen.

Hahaha...Wolverine! Snippity Snipe! lol

Yeah...the surgeon said about 1 in a million. Haha..

My Dr. is awesome! He is always sportin the bow...

bummer.. amazing how the human body blocked out all the pain during the race! didn't feel a thing at first. Similar injuries are seen in roadracing from time to time. Crash, and the finger gets caught between the pavement and the end of the bar.. or, gets mushed between the bar and the frame/tank. Or some combo of those events.. Often it is the end of the pinky, as it is furthest outside and gets ground down first.

shoulda put the missing tip in front of someones gate on the next moto :thumbsup:

get well soon man thats crazy that, that happen

wow.....you are a bad ash!

So, when is your next race? : )

I had a similar experience in my 3rd ever offroad event. NO hand guards ..slammed my hand into a tree during a hill climb..partial amputation..my right hand pinkie is about 1/8 in shorter than the left

Misc-2.jpg

Misc-9.jpg

Ohhhh man! Yes you did! OUCH! Did it heal properly??

Its amazing how much pain those little digits cause!

Oh, next race I am plan on trying to hit is June 26th! As long as I can convince the wife I am good to go!:thumbsup:

I had a similar experience in my 3rd ever offroad event. NO hand guards ..slammed my hand into a tree during a hill climb..partial amputation..my right hand pinkie is about 1/8 in shorter than the left

Misc-2.jpg

Misc-9.jpg

And this is why i use handguards. OUCH! mabye I need beefier barkbusters

VETMX808

So what exactly took the end of your finger off...did the handlebar cut through the end of the grip and get your finger?

Exactly what happened...We thought there may have been a rock just perfect there too...the ground was soft, so something had to support the other side. Good reason to wear a chest pro too!

Dayum, that's pretty hardcore!

Sorry that happened to you, hope it heals quickly.

Other than slight issues flashin' gang signs, you should make a full recovery. :thumbsup:

Must a rash of these things going on.:confused: Last month, a friend of mine was out at a local track, had a little low speed getoff and amputated the end off of her clutch side birdie flipping digit! She told me that it got caught between the lever and the bar.:thumbsup:

Other than slight issues flashin' gang signs, you should make a full recovery. :thumbsup:

Haha...yeah, plus I only have to bend my index finger to flip people off now...and I am off the grid! No finger print on that finger! :confused:

Thanks everyone for the compassion..much appreciated. Just glad it wasnt worse. :thumbsup: