Sign in to follow this  

looking for a another bike!!!

I presently have a new left over 09 KTM 250 XCFW with about 15 hrs or so on it, would like to add another bike, something with more down low power, I had 3 in mind, I have a chance to get a like new 2011 Kawasaki KX450F with around 30 hrs on it trail ridden never raced for $6,000 a new Suzuki RMZ450, or a new KTM 350 SXF, I was leaning towards the Kawasaki KX450F till I read some reviews in the shootouts that they felt the Suzuki was the better handling bike, cornered like it was on rails and good in the whoops section, seemed like the Suzuki got the better reviews. only thing that I am thinking starting these tall bike with a kickstarter, I want to stay as light as I can, will not race the bike. I quit racing in 77

Chet

The Kawi is a super nice bike in almost every aspect IMO. But the Suzuki does corner better. What type of riding will this bike be used for? That can help narrow it down

The Kawi is a super nice bike in almost every aspect IMO. But the Suzuki does corner better. What type of riding will this bike be used for? That can help narrow it down

Hondaracer

the bike will be used to play with in the PA culm banks type terrain mix of black rock of the coal and black sand type stuff and some practice days on dirt tracks. was up at the dealer who has the used kawasaki KX450F, I asked him to fire it up, he said to to start it, this bike is too high for me, I had to lower my KTM approx 3/4 to 7/8 in the rear and raise the forks approx 3MM. he had a young tall kid fire it up, 2 kicks and it fired up, It's been along time since I heard a bike that sounded real nasty with a slight twist of the throttle, if this bike runs as well as it sounds, it has a mean bark to it. I am thinking now maybe a 450 will get me in trouble in the rough stuff if I am not careful with the throttle, , my dealer says put a 280 kit on my KTM and will be thrilled, but I do want a second bike.

Chet

Two ways to ride a 450, get in shape and use it or have it detuned, short

shift it and never get past half thottle.

Why not look at a GasGas 300? Shorter seat heights and you can have one with e-start. They have great low end power and handle like a dream. I have one and a guy that works for me has the 2011 Kaw 450; he want's a GG 300 after riding mine.

I looked at them since you mentioned it, but where is the seat or am I looking at the wrong model

Chet

Seat height is 37.2 on the GG bikes. I have a 30" inseam it fits me better than any of my other bikes.

Not sure how far you are from Ridersville in WV but you can get a 2011 KXF 450 for around that price.