would the 2010 cr250 look like this?

I am pretty sure that if Honda continued to make their 2t's, they would probably follow suit with Yamaha. a 2010 CR would look just like it did in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. There would be some BNG's and maybe some minor changes here and there.

I am pretty sure that if Honda continued to make their 2t's, they would probably follow suit with Yamaha. a 2010 CR would look just like it did in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007. There would be some BNG's and maybe some minor changes here and there.

Personally I wouldnt spend the time or money on a rebuild gen4, The gen 3's work pretty darn awesome. Ive heard the newer cr250 motor is a dog but I have a bud (rides pro) who has an 07 and he claims the motor sweet and the suspension is unreal. SInce I have an 02 cr500af I know my suspenders work well, 07's got to be better I would imagine.

I think your right, a white rear fender and some new graphics would probably be about it. KTM's are looking better to me every year...

would the 01 motor bolt into the 02-07 frame without any mods to the frame?

Btw, that bike looks pretty good. Id make a couple of cosmetic changs to suit my taste but thats about it.

I am sure that is what the 2010 CR 250 would have been had there been no such thing as a 4-stroke revolution..

i have an 01 cr250 my buddy has an 07 cr250 it was his first 2 stroke coming off a kx250f and the other day he rode my 01 heres a quote " holy shit dude if i tried learning to ride a 2-stroke on your bike id be in the hospital" ive spent a fair amount if time on his bike and i don't like the motor it is a dog

I am sure that is what the 2010 CR 250 would have been had there been no such thing as a 4-stroke revolution..

Amen brother!!!!!

would the 01 motor bolt into the 02-07 frame without any mods to the frame?

Btw, that bike looks pretty good. Id make a couple of cosmetic changs to suit my taste but thats about it.

I think it is relatively easy. A few guys, on here, have done it. I think they had to oval out some of the holes on the mounts. If you search around, you should be able to find these threads. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but they were fairly recent.

EDIT: Here is a current thread discussing the engine swap.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981890

I think it is relatively easy. A few guys, on here, have done it. I think they had to oval out some of the holes on the mounts. If you search around, you should be able to find these threads. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but they were fairly recent.

EDIT: Here is a current thread discussing the engine swap.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981890

Thankyou.

I wonder how this change would affect the bikes stability

If I remember what I was told the frame and engine of the 2010 250f/450f were built to give a low COG which made them quite nimble

Add that to an even lighter motor along with lighter mods too.

This would be a pretty sweet combination don't you think?