Sign in to follow this  

125 or 250f?

well I currently have and race a KX85. im 14 years old, 5'7, 132 pounds. Not to brag but i know my way around a motocross track pretty good.. Im thinking I should get a 250 four stroke but I dont really know! Im going to be racing arenacrosses and motocrosses around my local area. Im a pretty experienced rider. So 125 two stroke or 250 four stroke?

Edited by amarillorider17

Your going to get alot of different opinions but personally i would reccomend a 250F the new Kawi and Suzuki are super nice

Well for arenacross definatly go for the 250f Without a doubt, the bottom end power will help you with leaps and bounds, the 125 has very VERY little bottom end power, its all top end with my 125 and thats how i ride it, balls to the wall. so if thats how you ride then go with the 125. but if you like shifting, and torque and bottom end, go with the 250f

^Not always is a 125 all top end...my YZ 125 has decent bottom and really broad mid range after it was worked over by ProCircuit. That said, if you are racing primarily...yeah, probably go with the 250F. Unless you are a highly skilled rider, you'll be faster on the 4 stroke.

^Not always is a 125 all top end...my YZ 125 has decent bottom and really broad mid range after it was worked over by ProCircuit. That said, if you are racing primarily...yeah, probably go with the 250F. Unless you are a highly skilled rider, you'll be faster on the 4 stroke.

Ya, but then you could have pro circuit work over a 250f and the gap increases again.

If your racing areanacross as seriously as the outdoor tracks go with the 250f, ive done both 2 and 4 and i love them both, but you will struggle/be at a disadvantage on a 125 compared to a 250f.

As for brand...really just pick a color if you dont have a chance to ride each brand. Im dedicated to KTM but its because i like the ergos and tidbits that come stock, but all brands are competitive at this age.

i dont know tho, the kid rides a two stroke now so jumping on a 4t is going to be way diffrent to him..i would say go 2t since you already now how to ride one.

I'm a die hard 2 stroke fan but I agree 250f like RMZ.... but a "125" 144 with a 9oz flywheel weight would work very well... lots of bottom end and torque