Sign in to follow this  

Motocross USGP payout!! big time

It really sucks that Motocross can't be more popular. 100k is ALOT I know, but say this was golf they would be making a couple million for winning an event.

Maybe this why Motocross is such an amazing sport though. :thumbsup:

How about offering $100,000 to any European rider that wins the first round of the Nationals:excuseme:

I mean come on, the USGP is not televised and last year was pretty much a bust.

I bet if the USGP had live TV coverage here in the US a lot of sponsors would prod their riders into doing it. Back in the day, it was the satisfaction of kicking the Euro's asses that got the US riders on the starting gate.

:thumbsup: If im not mistaken thats what Ryan Dungey makes for winning 1 supercross main event.... he must be rolling fat after 2010 season

Not debating your statement whatsoever BUT, could you please reveal the source of the info??? tyvm

WHen you think about it, for all the big name MXers, thats what they get per race. Must be nice, however, for them its not that big of a deal.

i think its really a shame none of our guys want to race it......even without the big payout would be sweet for bragging rights....kinda like the mxdn.....they're all out in cali anyways......

i like that they threw out the big enticement but they waited too long.....if they announced it a month ago perhaps we'd have our showdown at the o.k. corral.....

i think its really a shame none of our guys want to race it......even without the big payout would be sweet for bragging rights....kinda like the mxdn.....they're all out in cali anyways......

i like that they threw out the big enticement but they waited too long.....if they announced it a month ago perhaps we'd have our showdown at the o.k. corral.....

Not so sure how much of a show it would have been, Some American riders that were there placed well enough to show that if our top guys were in it, not a lot of Euros would have been in the top 10, a few would but not many.

dont really care what nationality is racing, we have had foreign champs many years in mx/sx, some of the biggest names in the industry are not american

it's racing, I enjoy watching it, wish it was on tv

dont really care what nationality is racing, we have had foreign champs many years in mx/sx, some of the biggest names in the industry are not american

it's racing, I enjoy watching it, wish it was on tv

i think you're missing the point......the us vs. them factor.....and quite frankly.....it would be really sweet to see how everyone stacks up since so many riders (gp guys) do not get to race our guys and vice/versa.

wouldn't you like to see how a healthy cairoli stacks up against rv etc.....look at desalle.....he smoked a lot of guys at unadilla......i dont think anyone expected that...the mxdn is cool but its only one race......

there is no us vs them, I've been to europe many times, dirt bike riders are dirt bike riders no matter what country they are from

there is no us vs them, I've been to europe many times, dirt bike riders are dirt bike riders no matter what country they are from

i congratulate you for visiting europe many times.......i have been there more than once as well...

perhaps for you there is no us vs. them.....but there are plenty of fans who take national pride in our riders and enjoy the competition between the "home team" and the visitors.....

and besides......there are plenty of riders who we don't get to see race against eachother.....

i dont know how you can be a fan of the sport and not wish some of our guys would jump into the mix when the gp is in cali......and while i understand why they don't.....i think it would be cool if some of our guys would do a gp or two on an off weekend.

well, the ama is part of the problem, the gp bikes have to have much better noise controls, AMA MX/SX bikes could not pass the sound test

next year the ama bikes should pass the sound test

i think you're missing the point......the us vs. them factor.....and quite frankly.....it would be really sweet to see how everyone stacks up since so many riders (gp guys) do not get to race our guys and vice/versa.

wouldn't you like to see how a healthy cairoli stacks up against rv etc.....look at desalle.....he smoked a lot of guys at unadilla......i dont think anyone expected that...the mxdn is cool but its only one race......

So is the USGP, only non televised and less than 5000 spectators. The real motocross series starts next week, get excited already!

So is the USGP, only non televised and less than 5000 spectators. The real motocross series starts next week, get excited already!

i am excited....but if dungey, rv, stewie and the like showed up this past weekend we'd have TWO chances to see the ama vs. the gps.......

i know cali people have lots of choices but i'm surprised no one really cares to check out the gp.